“A good place for family gathering”

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Montreal
“A good place for family gathering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Wewent to this hotel with the kids and grandsparents. it was just magical. We had connecting rooms so the grandparents could have their privacy but wewere able to leave to go walk outside at night while they were watching a movie with the kids. the waterpark is just perfect and therestaurant inside the hotel is very easy for everyone. The grandparents paid for those little extras that are sometime expensive for parents. we have now the most amazing souvenirs of all of us spending good times together. the prices are reasonnables, especially if you go in low season. The attraction park is also perfect because it is not too big and you can do a lot in a few hours. Just across the street of the hotel

Room Tip: Get rooms near elevator if you travel with older people
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Mechanicville, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We had our wedding here. I want to say, in spite of everything else, the banquet staff were top shelf. A shout out to Alex, you sir, belong in a 5-star establishment, not this place. And Nikki, run for it first chance you get, don't go down with this ship! My compliments to the chef as well, the food was excellent and everyone is still talking about it.

My father passed away unexpectedly on my wedding day and they(the banquet staff) worked with my wedding party to make sure everything was seamless. My father insisted we continue as planned and our friends were invaluable in helping with this. The only drawback to the evening itself(aside from losing my father) was the waitstaff was too efficient; if you walked away from your plate or PURCHASED drink, it disappeared.

The reservation desk, however was a nightmare. The wedding was on a Sunday; several rooms were booked for 2 nights, such as ours, the Maid of Honor & Best Man, and my brother who was in from Texas. They never included those rooms in the Sunday night block. Even after repeated conversations with the Event staff to correct this so we would all be on the same floor and not have to switch rooms, the Best Man was told he had to check out on Sunday! Five hours BEFORE the wedding! I tried for 8 months to have this right!! Then we got the call to go to Albany Sunday morning for my father. We later learned from the wedding party that they had to make the beds, get bags to empty the trash and track down housekeeping for more towels! Housekeeping never asked if we wanted the rooms done. Every room we had guests booked in for the wedding had kool-aid like stains on carpets, And they soaked us for $350+ for ONE night in their suite. I paid that much for one night up the road at Erlowest and it was a far classier place. I will NEVER book a room in this establishment again! Oh and avoid their breakfast buffet....only one I have ever seen that charges extra for COFFEE.

To top it off, we were promised the banquet room would be set up and ready for us to inspect by noon the day of the wedding, that no other events would be booked that day. Then the Lodge booked 2 events for that morning, one of which went to noon. Again, thank god for the persistence of our friends, as we could not be there to monitor this and be certain all was right and ready for our guests. If a hotel is going to offer the facilities for a wedding, they should be prepared to deal with a wedding and have the event staff coordinate better with the reservation staff. Most of this could have been avoided.

Room Tip: Don't. Save your money.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Michelle D

Travellers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

Albany, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

Usually when you have to wait for 30 minutes before being seated you would be under the impression that the food was popular. The hostess took our name said it would be "like less than five minutes." I never saw her again a man came out and went to seat the people BEHIND us (same number of people) Luckily they pointed him our way...
Our waitress was friendly enough but apparently she was too busy to see if we needed anything, (my nephew had chicken tenders and wanted bbq sauce-he was down to one tender when another waitress brought us some.) Finally, my meal arrived. The burger was cooked well, but the onion rings on it were mushy and not at all crisp. The secret sauce was so scant I had to add ketchup so I could swallow it. It was crammed with fries on a plate so small when I put my burger down, it knocked the fries off onto the table. We sat and waited another 30 minutes for our bill. I finally went up to the counter and our original waitress said she would bring it out. A couple minutes later a man threw it across the table and ran away. He said nothing, even as I thanked him. I was disappointed too, that my daughter and the other two children had to sit bored when I saw that other children had crayons and activity paper provided upon arrival. We had not been given that sanity saver... The only redemption (and that is being generous) was the voucher they give with the bill for arcade credits- which the kids are crazy about. I will never go again. Maybe if you have a big group you can get better service.

Room Tip: I didn't stay in the hotel so I can't say anything about it. I would advise anyone else to...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Leigh L
Peru, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We spent one night at the Lodge to celebrate my son's 7th birthday. It was a huge hit with the whole family! The water park was very fun and we spent two days enjoying it. All the attractions were neat and clean within the water park. The lifeguards were helpful, but seemed robotic in their actions. There are obviously strict rules as to what motions they are to perform at each post. The rooms are pricey, but it does include admission to the water park, in our case on day of check-in and check-out as we spent only one night. Food, snacks and lockers at park are very expensive. Next time I would pack breakfast and lunch items as well as snacks. Nothing is complimentary, not even a cup of coffee in the am! My son also loved the arcade. Location of the lodge is nice, next to outlets, restaurants, and many other attractions. Upon leaving the resort my son commented that he wants to return for his birthday next year...for five nights!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Margaret R
Laval
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I must say that the service is excellent. The place is old but clean. The beds are very comfortable. The room is average and has a fridge. My 4 and 9 year old loved the place. Could not get them out of the slides. The place is well maintained. By the way, the lifeguards are everywhere and they are doing an excellent job. I was surprised how well they "monitor" every inches of the place. This is reassuring for me. There are a few restaurants but as you would expect, nothing really healthy. For example, a lunch package including fries for 4, 4 drinks and 3 pieces of fried chicken will cost you $40.00. A breakfast for 4 (2 kids, 2 adults) will also cost you just about the same. The place is well located near the strips where all out the outlets are located. My wife appreciated this, the kids, a bit less... The only negative comment I have is the costs. It can cost you close to 1K for 2 nights including everything. There was also 1 of the 2 days we were there where they closed the slides for about 1 hours and one of the play park for another hour. Could not figure out why. Other than that, I would recommend this place and would go back without any hesitations.

Room Tip: The locker at the water park is included in the price of the room. Don't forget to ask for it. T...
1 Thank Martymart8864
West Nyack, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

no hot water in shower, no big fridge for a suite that has 3 queen beds, a bunk bed and a sofa bed... so our mini fridge was crammed with kids milk and juices... no healthy restaurant food options at the hotel at all... 2 lamps were not working considering the whole suite wasn't well lighted.. the kids had a blast at the freezing waterpark.. music was waaayy to loud in there and the bathrooms were nasty.. btw, the total cost of each room per nt was around 615.00... whatever. just glad it's over.

3 Thank j g
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in early August and the stay was great! The whole place is built around the waterpark and is mainly for kids. The indoor waterpark isn't huge but the kids really enjoyed it and we had a tough time getting them out of there.
Our room was good with the best part being that it was quite large and was great for the 5 of us. Our room had 2 queen beds and a pull out couch in a separate living room area. It also had a table and chairs to sit at, coffee table, microwave and mini fridge. We had a choice of floors and it was recommended by staff that we stay on the 4th (top) floor as it tended to be quieter, which it was.
The location of the hotel is great! Just off I-87 and close to restaurants, outlet malls and only a 5 minute drive down Route 9 to Lake George.
I would return to this hotel but only with the kids and only while they are young enough to enjoy the waterpark.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are quieter as you don't have anyone above you
2 Thank John S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
#9 of 87 in Lake George
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!