The facilities and rooms are fine. They seem to be lacking a few niceties but it is a great spot for kids (aside from all the soda and unhealthy food they are pushing).
My main complaint was the temperature in the water park. Both days we were there the water was about 5 degrees too cold and the air wasn't warm enough to compensate. This had us avoiding getting sprayed with water in the lazy river and covered in goosbumps. I saw a number of eager kids shivering with blue lips. Being November, I expected the air and water to be warm and inviting not chilly. Also the main hallways in the hotel are poorly heated which is not optimal when you are walking around in a wet suit.
I would go again but try it in the summer. Also the lifeguards are super weird! They seem more concerned with their hand signal protocols than actually watching the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready for a fun-filled stay in the Lake George area you'll never forget? The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park is a 200-room family suite lodge near Lake George, a resort featuring an incredible 38,000 sq ft indoor water park with attractions designed to make every age group smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Queensbury
- 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge And Indoor Waterpark
- Great Escape Lodge
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Queensbury, New York - Lake George