“Best. Beds. Ever!”

Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We start our family vacation with a stay at the lodge almost every year. Their beds are memory foam goodness! The kids have a blast, and now even more so with the addition of the adventure quest game.All of the on resort restaurants are really good. Service in the white water bay snack bar could use some improvement and is the only reason I didn't give 5 stars.(had to wait 15 minutes for a bag of chips) Other than that its a great, clean, fun hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SFGuestRelations, General Manager at Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2014

Dear Alan B,

Thank you for staying with us yet again and sharing your experience with us! I am beyond thrilled that you and your family continue to choose our resort again and again here in beautiful Lake George, as we offer wonderful amenities at our resort for guests of all ages to enjoy, including our new Adventure Trek game recently installed throughout the hotel. I am happy you mentioned that in your comment and even happier that your children enjoyed the game as well! We would love to continue to have you hear with us in the future and we look forward to your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Very clean and complete environment for the whole family, specially for the children to have fun all day long!!! Staff very dedicated to provide good service, very good restaurantes, everything openned until very late.

Dear Angeline0000,

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark! I am so thrilled that you enjoyed our facilities, amenities and environment as a whole. I also want to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff members, it is truly a compliment to us as our staff does our best to provide excellent service to our guests! Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you return to our resort for your next visit!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in late August. We were originally at a campground, but after 1 night decided to bag it and switch to a hotel. We were able to get a premium suite at the Great Escape Lodge with just a few hours notice. Upon arrival we noticed the great decor and tons of amenities. Water park access was complimentary and we received complimentary tickets to the Great Escape theme park for each day of our stay (perk of premium suites). Great value, in my opinion. The rooms were very clean, included a playstation (only 1 controller though), and had a nice divider wall for separation of sleeping areas. The waterpark was clean, water was comfortable, and there were enough rides to keep the kids entertained for a few hours (not somewhere you could spend an entire day, but on a rainy vacation day it was perfect). There were surprisingly very short lines, and the kids had fun. The arcade on site is very nice - all the games worked, it was clean, but it was very hot in there. We didn't try out the kids club (you can't just drop your kids there, parents have to stay, so it didn't benefit us at all) but the gift shops were nice. Food on site was just ok - Tall Tales only has a buffet for breakfast and its not big. Johnny Rockets wasn't great either. However, the premium suites include a complimentary coffee/breakfast suite that has coffee/tea all day, complimentary juice and soda, and cereal, eggs and sausage for breakfast. not a big variety, but its free. Overall, this hotel was great for the 3 nights we were there. For a longer stay, I might prefer somewhere that has some outdoor areas to enjoy (this hotel has no room balconies, no outdoor pool, playground, or anything else outside). And of course, being in Lake George, one would prefer to be closer to the lake (this is about 10-15 min away, depending on how bad the traffic on rt 9 is).

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend the premuim suites - they have the most complimentary amenities and its...

Dear nstolz1,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. It's wonderful to hear that you found great value in your stay! Thank you for your kind words regarding our decor, amenities and waterpark as well as your comment about our restaurants on site. We appreciate all of our guests comments who let us know where we can improve, so thank you so much for your comment and we look forward to having you here with us again!

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I was able to book this thursday night stay online for $119 last minute. It was worth every penny! It was intended to be a special mommy and daughter trip and it was perfect for a memorable getaway.
The room was huge and clean. The property is fun and all of the staff was courteous and helpful.
The indoor water park was large enough to entertain my 5 year old for 2 days. We had a fabulous time! I had to drag her away in tears because she was having such a great time.
I will definitely return and recommend this property without hesitation.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank AlyssaO1976

Dear AlyssaO1976,

Thank you so much for choosing the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Water Park, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am also thrilled that you found our resort a great value for you and your family. I am also thankful for your compliment about recommending our resort to others without hesitation; this is truly wonderful to hear! Thank you again for your comment and we look forward to having you here with us again!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This resort is definitely not worth the money. After only being here for 3+ hours, I already have a laundry list of complaints. For starters, it took entirely too long to check in. Even though there were a line of people waiting to check in, there were only two slow moving clerks at the counter. After finally checking in, I was given a form that threatened me with all the charges I would incur should I leave the hotel more than 15 minutes late during checkout, or being caught with a candle in my room. Which by the way the room is in need of, since it smelled like a convention of grandmas poured their worse smelling perfume all over. The beds are uncomfortable enough to sit on, let alone sleep on, which I don't think I will be doing too much of since it squeaks like crazy! From just looking at the bed you can notice a valley in the middle that's at least 6 inches deep. From the moment I checked in a little after noon, until I called the front desk at 3pm, a cart filled with trash was parked in the hallway outside my room. The room decor is nice, but is in desperate need of updated bedding. It would also be nice to have a sink in the bathroom instead of in the hotel room itself. Does the entire family need to watch each other brush their teeth and floss??

As for the indoor water park.... There is definitely not enough staff. They had one life guard managing 3 water tubes. Needless to say the lines for these tubes were unnecessarily long. The rest of the water park was ok, not worth the money spent though due to the fact that it is so small. I will never make the mistake of staying here again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
2  Thank jrg91
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I visited in June. We went up early on a Friday morning and stayed for one night. The best part of this hotel was the fact that you can get wristbands early so you have access to the water park all day the day you arrive and the entire day you check out. This was just enough time for my 5 year old. Since we went on a Friday morning, the wait time for all slides was nil. Which was great. Even though the water park is on the small side, there was plenty of things to keep my 5 year old busy. On the other hand, there was only a small play area for my 1 year old that didn't keep him to amused. However, he was more than happy to watch his brother run around all the slides.
The hotel rooms seem to be a little outdated. But the size was comfortable.

All in all, I think 2 days is all you need in this place. Having Johnny Rockets in the hotel is very convenient, but there are plenty of restaurants/stores driving distance from the hotel. There is even a Walmart about 5 minutes away if you forget anything at home!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tara P

Dear Tara P,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially for your two children who sounded like they thoroughly enjoyed the water park. Thank you again for your comment and we hope to have you here with us again!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Funtastic place! Really Worth it...a lot of fun for everyone, no matter your age...we will probably comeback next year with friends or family...not too far from Canada...nice city too...we really enjoyed our family trip

1  Thank Pat B

Dear Pat B,

Thank you so much for your positive comment about the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge! We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, as well as enjoyed our location here at beautiful Lake George! We look forward to having you back here with us again!

Most Sincerely,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lake George (Queensbury), NY
Ramada Queensbury/Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
Comfort Suites Lake George
#12 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!