“No Complaints Here”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
pzone park, n.y.
“No Complaints Here”
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My wife and I decided to leave the the kids behind and spend 2 nights here. We are looking at real estate in the area.We recieved $89.00 per night rate which was excellent for the Memorial day weekend[Sunday and Monday].
Check in was smooth but the room was not ready untill 4:00p.pm,We arrived about 2:00p/m.They said they would call my cell phone when the room was ready and they did at 3:45. Nice!
We had asked for a quiet room on the 4th floor and they gave us a 4th floor room at the end of the hallway Nice!
Front desk was very nice and the room same.No complaints.
Wait for a good deal on the rates and you can't go wrong here,Best for familys with kids.
The one thing I must commend this hotel on is that about a week after we left we recieved a phone call at home to survey or recent stay.Nice touch!By the way I only had ggod things to say .

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
New York
Reviewed 9 June 2010

My family stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We arrived on Monday and left on Saturday which was perfect since Friday night was when everyone else arrived. I have an 11 year old and a 5 year old and they loved the indoor waterpark so much I practically had to drag them out of it to go to the beach one day. The waterpark isn't that big but it was never super crowded. The hotel staff was friendly, except for one lifeguard who was rude to my husband. There are not many dining choices in the hotel so we had to drive into town to eat most nights. The rooms were adequate, and the beds comfy but the pillows are the worst! Overall it was a good trip and a good value.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2010

We are family of 4 with a 3year old son and 5 year old daughter and we visited with friends on May 24th long weekend. Overall experience was awesome. We arrived at noon exactly and check in was fast but I can see how it could get long at peak times. The water park is fantastic. Our kids loved it and could do almost everything. They loved just bobbing along (without the tubes) in the lazy river and all the slides! The family raft ride is a slow moving line but a great ride. I think in our 3 day/2night stay we visited the waterpark 5 times! Water temp was very nice and we were never cold when we came out of the water as the ambient temp is also really great. The only negative thing here has to do w/a management decision...waterpark hours are normally 9-9 on the weekend and 10-8 on the Sunday nights and weekdays...considering the entire hotel was packed with Canadians enjoying the Victoria Day long weekend, it was ridiculous that they closed the waterpark at 8 on Sunday and only opened at 10am on the Monday.
Room was fine, quite large w/2 dbl beds and a pull out sofa. The pillows though are the worst on the planet. Woke up with my neck all out of whack...so if you are driving, throw your pillows into the car. Trust me.
Johnny Rockets had a decent breakfast and yummy milkshakes /burger fare for lunch.
I wouldn't pay $400 a night to stay here which is the cost in the middle of the summer but I would and did pay $200 a night for a stay in May. Asides from the pillows and the operating hours thing, it was wonderful. Hoping October prices ressemble May so we can have a return visit!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I arrived on 22 May 2010 for Victoria Day weekend. Our destination is the theme park. So this hotel is the perfect place to stay. Check in was a breeze. All was done in less than 10 minutes. Room is big, with a semi-suite for couch. The TV line-up is very generous. In fact, I think this was the most channels I ever had on TV among all U.S. hotels I have stayed with.

The only complaint I have is that the bed is too firm yet the pillows are too limpy.

All in all, satisfied.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 21 May 2010

lodge room was great. johnny rockets for food very good , especially for kids . they loved it. but the amusement park- we could not go on nothing in water park including slides or wave pool. was like ice cubes cold. want to go back but hope park does something about the water temps. that was a waste and it was so nice out. kids would not go on any water stuff.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 May 2010

We found a discount code on TravelZoo and got the room for $99 incl waterpark for 2 adults and 2 children. The price on the hotels own website was $79 for no water park, so we got a great deal. We were able to check-in at 1pm, everything was great except we were not given a kids schedule, which is one of the best programs I've seen at a hotel, characters throughout the day and fun activities for the kids. We were travelling with a 8 yr old and a 10 yr old.
Room: Our suite had 2 queen beds and a separate sitting area. A very large room for what we were paying. Was quite clean and very quite ammenities.
FUN: The water park was included for both days so we spend a few hours there each day and the kids loved it. The hot tub was closed due to a ph level problem and was not resolved during our stay, but overall this hotel has it all and keeps the kids busy.
Dining:We ate on-site at Johnny Rockets and the food was great, the hotel is a bit of a maze but there is also a sports lounge you can get to through Johnny Rockets, we saw many lost guests trying to find it :)

Upstate NY
Reviewed 22 April 2010

FANTASTIC value, just call and ask! Firtst we arrived at Noon and wee were ablr to check in.. Room was Huge and very clean, slow drain, that was my only issue. Sheets soft, bed crinky but very comfy. Park was great, I would agree to change the music or loose it all together in the park. We were all chilly and the water does need to be warmer, But, My husband and I discovered the adult only hot tub. Only a small rock wall between that and the leaisure swimming area, soit worked perfect for us to keep our eye on our 6 and 9 yr old that stayed in one spot. SURFING was way too cool... This Mom tried it.
Johnny Rockets was not bad at all and service was great. I agree 2 days at the park is completley enough time... Story time w/ Daffy and the meet and greet was a great way to send the kids off to bed.
ADIRONDACK THEME WAS SPOT ON!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Queensbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake George (Queensbury)
Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
#9 of 88 in Lake George
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#3 of 11 in Queensbury

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!