“Worn out cabin with a killer view”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ray Brook
Sherwood Forest Motor Inn
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The 'Honeymoon' cabin is located on a beautiful small pond in Ray Brook, NY. The cabin did have a nice fireplace & the view from the deck was absolutey beautiful. However the cabin smelled musty & there was mold in the bathroom & on the walls. Even on low the ceiling fan above the bed it was so wobbly we were afraid to use it. The windows were hard to open & close easliy. What could have been the sweetest place on earth was anything but. I live in a rustic cabin in N California. We don't expect or want a 5 star hotel but I do expect clean & free from mold. Maybe its nicer in the winter or perhaps a different cabin?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paulette B

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed here twice this winter with my boyfriend and we will definitely go back. The cabins are older so if you want 5 star service this isn't the place for you. It was perfect for us. It's clean, has a fireplace, and has a deck that overlooked the lake. The people at the front desk were very nice and helpful. It's right in between Saranc Lake and Lake Placid. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Very cozy cute place. If you didn't like it it's because you are a citiot who comes up north and thinks it's going to be like the city. The people are very nice, deliver your wood every morning, and just leave you alone. Views are great. Perfect spot between Lake Placid and Saranac Lake. It's rustic, but that's why you go to the Adirondacks. We go back every year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My wife and i decided to just up and take a weekend last minute trip, ended up at the sherwood forest inn. We loved it! Price was great, views excellent and cabin 9 very cute and cozy. I have read some of the other reviews and have to disagree with them. They are a very nice rustic cabin for a great price. we loved our stay so much we are already planning a date for our return and longer stay. Thank you so much Kirk & Jacquie Higgins

Room Tip: I recommend cabin 9! great price and deck is almost right over the water.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirk h
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in cabin 7 and had a great night, I asked to see the room before checking-in the $98 cabin and my wife and I were happy to see the rustic fireplace and private deck overlooking a very serene lake. Having grown up with a camp on Saratoga Lake we can appreciate their little piece of heaven. Room was clean, bed was firm, fire was burning bright. Very nice owners, we plan to return . The only way to experience the adk.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mangosrl
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We took a quick, unplanned trip to Lake Placid so most everything was booked seeing it was the middle of summer. We opted for a cabin with a small kitchen and bathroom. Cabins are basic, probably built in the 60s, and have basic, dated ammenities. It served our purpose for one nights stay. The cabins are located on a small lake and there are canoes and rowboats to use free of charge. The beds are pretty stiff and the cabins are musty. Probably a little over priced for what you get. Ours cost 140 per night after taxes. Located in between Saranac Lake and Lake placid so very convenient to both tourist destinations. It beat playing $230 plus for anything in Lake Placid but I think there are some better options in Saranac Lake for the same price as these cabins, you just have to plan in advance.

Room Tip: The day we were there a little over half of the cabins were rented and it was a Friday in August so...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2012 via mobile

We love this place! I don't know how someone can not. The views are to die for, the rooms are everything you need and the owners are lovely. It is not the Four Seasons but it is a wonderful place that I would highly recommend for someone looking for simple quiet accommodations with a view at a great value.

• Stayed: July 2012
Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn and Hotel
Quality Inn Lake Placid
Quality Inn Lake Placid
#17 of 31 in Lake Placid

Been to Sherwood Forest Motor Inn? Share your experiences!