See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I called here to book a room the first week in April in order to attend Bard College's Admitted Students Day 3 weeks later. The elderly woman, Lorraine, took care of my reservation. I assumed we were all set. I called 2 days before to ask a question, and she couldn't find any record of me, just a note in her ledger about someone coming for Bard. She said Bard College guests are very unreliable about showing up. She said there was illness in the family, and she didn't know why I would want to stay there. So we were left with literally no rooms at any inns in any of the neighboring towns. I spent a couple of hours calling each one, and went further & further away. Finally found a room at the Comfort Inn in Saugerties, a half hour or so away across the Hudson. If this family wants to keep running this inn, they need to have someone else cover the phone and reservations.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank TravelGalMaine
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have stayed at the Gaslight Inn on several occasions for business during the last few years and Lorraine as well as her family have been wonderful. She was so great to work with that she even rented me the entire "Big House" for several months rather than several small rooms for my employees so we could be more comfortable and have kitchen access. I've also stayed in room 11, 10, 9, 8 and 4 which are also nice and some even had kitchenettes. Lorraine is actually a very nice woman and will bend over backwards to try to make your stay enjoyable. There are also a number of very good restaurants close by such as Max's BBQ.

Room tip: Some rooms have very small showers
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Dave D
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We made reservations for room 11. A few months later we were switched to room 10, without being told. Today we called and now we were told to go somewhere else and Lorraine was horribly rude. Book at your own peril!

Room tip: Go somewhere else
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank IPM
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We are a group of 20 Golfers from Cork in Ireland who go to Redhook every two years to play golf and chill out for a week , We have been staying at the gaslight for all our trips, (3) and we intend going back there in 2013, we find the gaslight a home from home, great facieltys, great company and great people running the place.Its a fantastic place to chill out and relax, , have a few beers and just relax. The friendly atmosphere is great and we really look forward to going there , in fact our trip to America would not be complete with a visit to the Gaslight hotel and meeting all there.

Room tip: all th rooms are great , may bottom floor rooms would not be as good as first floor.
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank keaneo69
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Clean, quiet and run by nice people. Oh, and affordable.

Date of stay: July 2012