Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)
  • Free Internet
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)
US$218
US$186
Hampton Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$153
ComfortInn
US$148
US$114
US$85
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 March 2014

When I called to inquire about their property and asked specific questions regarding "No Smoking" and "Private Bathroom" preference, the woman took offense and became very defensive and argumentative. I was quite flabbergasted that these simple questions would ignite such negative reaction. I certainly will not stay there, ever.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank managerie
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place is barely one step above camping. Old dirty carpet, stained, and dead bugs all around edges. Moldy dirty bathrooms, with a shower that was smaller than a camper. Water smells like pure sulfa. Overhead light broke with no interest from owner to fix it, so got ready by a dim table lamp and flashlight. Bed was like sleeping on a board. Thankfully we brought our own bedding, I wouldn't trust it to be clean. Spoke to many people staying during same visit with same experiences. When visiting an apple farm in area, when they heard where we were staying....many many comments about it being the bottom of the barrel and what a shame we came all this way for those accommodations. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE CHOICE TO STAY HERE....don't see them putting any money, interest, or customer service attitude into anything anytime soon. It's a family owned dump.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Cheryl L
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I called here to book a room the first week in April in order to attend Bard College's Admitted Students Day 3 weeks later. The elderly woman, Lorraine, took care of my reservation. I assumed we were all set. I called 2 days before to ask a question, and she couldn't find any record of me, just a note in her ledger about someone coming for Bard. She said Bard College guests are very unreliable about showing up. She said there was illness in the family, and she didn't know why I would want to stay there. So we were left with literally no rooms at any inns in any of the neighboring towns. I spent a couple of hours calling each one, and went further & further away. Finally found a room at the Comfort Inn in Saugerties, a half hour or so away across the Hudson. If this family wants to keep running this inn, they need to have someone else cover the phone and reservations.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Margo D
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I have stayed at the Gaslight Inn on several occasions for business during the last few years and Lorraine as well as her family have been wonderful. She was so great to work with that she even rented me the entire "Big House" for several months rather than several small rooms for my employees so we could be more comfortable and have kitchen access. I've also stayed in room 11, 10, 9, 8 and 4 which are also nice and some even had kitchenettes. Lorraine is actually a very nice woman and will bend over backwards to try to make your stay enjoyable. There are also a number of very good restaurants close by such as Max's BBQ.

Room Tip: Some rooms have very small showers
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Dave D
Reviewed 18 November 2012

We made reservations for room 11. A few months later we were switched to room 10, without being told. Today we called and now we were told to go somewhere else and Lorraine was horribly rude. Book at your own peril!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family