“Just Not Worth It”
Review of Two Boots Bard - CLOSED

Two Boots Bard
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Ok I've gone here 3 times. The pizza is alright but WAY overpriced. The gimmick of topping the pizzas with creole ingredients (yuck) and giving them catchy names does not make up for the fact that its not that great and very expensive. The best pizza they make is the Grandma Bess, but it only comes large @ $23.95, and the last time I got one to go, and when i got home it was burnt. I like crispy pizza, this was black on the bottom. Maybe the sandwiches are better, but I have given up on this place, and will not return.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were two national volunteers looking for a break & meet not wanting the usual diner or pizza sit down place. We both came up to a place called two boots. Just outside of bard college on the Hudson river. The place had a bus load of students and the parking lot full of people. We said it must be good with all this people. It had a section of outside tables and chairs , we both liked that , but too cold that afternoon. We were greeted & seated right in the middle of the dining area. Noteworthy because we sat there for almost three hours chatting away. Until the Friday night crowd blossomed around a packed bar . The host came by greeted and checked on us. Our hostess was friendly and patient as we took our time ordering. Diane had their specialty pizza , I had there named sandwich , both were creative and tasted good. Atmosphere was happy & loud that's because everyone was having a good time. Also being packed. Our evening bill for two came to three dimes left averygood tip feeling guilty to take up a table for three hours. Its a bit pricey for local area , but given the area and bard. Its right on .

1  Thank wil v
Reviewed 16 January 2013

OK I must admit the pizza was good and so was the salad. Over priced at that, but good (wouldn't expect it to be expensive near a school then again it BARD) but it was this small bar size pizza for like 8 bucks. So now lets talk about the food I ordered the jambalaya, the rice was hard on top, as if they baked it in the oven, after you were able to break thru it, then it was just dry,little flavor,the meat slices, which tasted like hot dogs were good if you like hot dogs, the chicken was dry and chewy, I cant much remember what else was in it, I can assure you it was BAD this stuff had little to no claim to be called JAMBALAYA. I dont know if anything else is good as I refuse to try again . Most times I will give a place a 2nd chance, but after what they served me (small portions and not cheap) I cant do it.Save your self some shoe leather and give this place the 2 boots. Oh yea why you go there is because buy one drink get the second for a $.25 after $.75 worth of seconds the food might be good