“Breakfast a la king”

The Red Hook Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Red Hook B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We are not early risers by choice, especially on vacation, and the reason we called Red Hook Country Inn was in fact not its gourmet breakfast prepared with fresh eggs right from the hen but the breakfast buffet offered in addition! Turns out we got both -- Chef Nabil insisted on serving us his delicious creations at whatever time it was convenient -- for us.
True, our visit took place during the week instead of the busier weekend, but it was arranged at the last minute. I understand from other comments that the warm hospitality we enjoyed is typical. Owner/hostess Pat saw to it that we had everything we wanted, from touring and dining advice to the insect repellent which we had forgotten. Our room was cheerful and the bed super-comfy. Not our first visit to the area but certainly the most enjoyable!
The only advice I would give (also expressed to Pat) is that summer visitors who prefer open windows to air conditioning should not choose a room in front overlooking the street. The road can be surprisingly noisy at night for such a small, otherwise peaceful and charming town.

Room Tip: The only advice I would give (also suggested to Pat) is that summer visitors who prefer open windows...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lane P

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Rooms are lovely, dining is a joy, the hosts are friendly and inviting. And to top it off, Pat made a sight seeing recommendation, as we left to continue on our trip, that end up to be the highlight of our vacation. What a great place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcdonoughjr
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I had the pleasure of spending two days at the Red Hook Inn. My stay was relaxing and my room made me feel cozy and safe. Room 2 had such charm and was spotlessly clean! Thank you Pat and Nabil for making me feel so welcomed! I would recommend the RH Inn to all!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brenda S
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Red Hook Inn the other night. The staff was wonderfully friendly and accommodating, and made me feel immediately welcome and at ease. From the cookies and iced tea in the foyer to the conversations with other guests in the elegant sitting room or watching lightning storms in the rocking chairs on the front porch, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Pat and Nabil are excellent hosts, and I had the best night's sleep I've had in a long time. Delicious food, impeccable hospitality, charming decor: what more could one ask for in a B & B?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had the pleasure of spending several days at the RHI last week. The inn was comfortable and just like the old building I call home had slanted floors, old time charm and a wonderful cast of characters. Pat and Nabil, the Inn keepers were charming the staff friendly and Nabil is a great cook. I look forward to staying there again on my next trip to Bard
Dave B

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank David B
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Great getaway farm fresh eggs great host with a that personal touch and the my wife and I had private dinner with all the bells and whistles the rooms was very comfortable.
we are making plans to return back before Christmas

Room Tip: all the rooms are great
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Milton H
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A warm and charming weekend in the Hudson Valley awaits you at The Red Hook Country Inn. Gracious innkeepers cater to your every need. Large, clean, comfortable rooms welcome you with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. An outdoor hot tub and cozy screen house invite the guests to enjoy the natural surroundings.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bohemian Inn
Bohemian Inn
#5 of 16 in Saugerties
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Red Hook Country Inn? Share your experiences!