All reviewshudson valleybard collegechef nabilbed and breakfastbreakfast was amazingwonderful hostsfirst floorquaint townfresh fruitrestaurants and shopsnylodgingrefrigerator
Reviewed 28 October 2017

If you want to slow up your fast paced life, the Red Hook Country Inn will do it. The people are warm and accommodating. The food was delicious. In particular, being that I'm handicap they had two rooms accessible to my needs.This was a real treat because most hisoric bed and breakfasts are not set up for handicap access. I have to say, their handicap shower was better than any hotel I went to on our trip. My only regret was that our visit was too short!

Room Tip: The bottom two rooms are handicap accessible.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Pat H, Owner at The Red Hook Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review!
We appreciate that your visit to your family in town had you choose the Red Hook Inn! We strive to do whatever it takes to make our visiting guests feel at home. Since you were in a wheelchair, we are happy that our accessible first floor guestrooms gave you comfort and that you had total access to all of our first floor amenities. Next year we anticipate opening our second floor via a STAIRLIFT and know that you will have the opportunity to select another room for your next visit!
We are so happy that you and your brother were able to have breakfast together every morning of your stay. Our accessible breakfast room also provided easy access for our 24 hour coffee tea and refrigerator service.

Thank you again for taking the time to express your positive experience while staying at our home, known as the historic RED HOOK COUNTRY INN.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

First, let me start out by saying that Pat at The Red Hook Country Inn saved my wedding night!!! We had just gotten married and we were supposed to go to another B&B but it was absolutely awful (don't book at the Bittersweet- it's both dirty and so decrepit that it could be the set of a horror movie). We called up The Red Hook Country Inn and they had a room available (a very rare occurrence- book early!). Pat was such a gracious host who welcomed us in and made us feel at home immediately. The house is filled with amazing antiques and the bed was incredibly soft. Our room also had a wonderful fireplace and tub, which was so relaxing after being on our feet all day. The breakfast was SPECTACULAR. Nabil is a classically trained chef and made the most amazing eggs Benedict I've ever had. Be sure to check out the tea parlor in the back of the house, too.
For all of my friends and family traveling to the Hudson Valley, staying at The Red Hook Country Inn is a must!

Room Tip: Queen Anne room has a king sized bed, fireplace, and big jacuzzi tub. Great space for the price.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Pat H, Owner at The Red Hook Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to write. Each B&B has its own flavor and following and we are delighted that you found us available at the last minute! Our room 5 (Queen Anne) has been featured on 'Whose Wedding Is It Anyway' so it was appropriate for you to enjoy your honeymoon night in luxury and beauty!
Chef Nabil's breakfasts are legendary and thank you for mentioning Maggie's RoyalTea, our Friday thru Sunday 'British style High Tea lunch'.
We look forward to your return when you come to visit your east coast family.

Pat

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This was my very first stay at a B&B. My preference is always a Marriott property. However, there are none in Red Hook. So I took a chance with the Red Hook Country Inn. When I made my reservation, directly with the Owner, she offered to arrange a taxi for me. Upon my arrival, the taxi was not there. I called her to let her know and she dropped everything and came to scoop me up personally. It only got better. The home was lovely. My room was immaculate and very well appointed. The bed and linens were fresh and clean. The location was within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. The people were gracious and kind. This was my first time traveling alone in 23 years. My safety was of paramount importance to me. As soon as I stepped inside the Inn, my concerns disappeared. Plus, the local police department was directly across the street! My thanks to all at the Red Hook Inn. I hope to see you again!

TSP

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Your safety and comfort are very important to us and we lovingly say 'Red Hook is really 'Mayberry USA' ' Our convenience to Omega and our excellent taxi service (99% of the time!) make our downtown location ideal. I've been known often to just hop in the meet our guests!
Your lovely room 6 with a Temperpedic king and whirlpool tub is a favorite of our guests and provides a very quiet respite for your getaway.
We are happy that your first time traveling alone gave you comfort and confidence to do it again and allow you to do more sightseeing and enjoy our many terrific restaurants!
Thanks again and come back soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Gorgeous B&B in a pretty area of NY. Comfortable bad - wonderful inn keepers - AMAZING breakfast supplied by a world traveled chef! Our room even had a hundred year old bar in it! Very comfy stay. And they were great with our dog.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for choosing us as there are many lovely places in our area. We are happy that we were able to provide a comfortable respite for you as you were traveling home. The Taproom evokes great memories of an earlier time and the mahogany bar represents years of 'if these walls could talk,'!
We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

A wonderful room in this lovely historic home. The room is decorated in period antiques of the Victorian era, yet the bed was incredibly comfortable. Our hosts, Pat and Nabil have gone out of their way to think of the little things that really make a difference. Staying at the Red Hook is not just a room; it's a step back to the way travelers might experience traveling through the Hudson Valley a century earlier.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the lovely review of your stay with us! Our 'old home' is filled with antiques and all modern amenities that I would personally require in my own room! We strive to provide you with comfort and relaxation along with true pride in all of the beautiful history of the Hudson Valley.
We look forward to your return and thank you for choosing us!