“Gracious Host/Chef/Owner"”

Ranked #1 of 4 Red Hook B&B and Inns
Huntington, New York
“Gracious Host/Chef/Owner"”
Reviewed 22 September 2010

Just spent the weekend celebrating my mother's 75th birthday with my entire family. Pat and Nabil are warm, welcoming and gracious hosts, and made everyone feel quite at home. Breakfast was enjoyable of course, but the highlight of the weekend was the special dinner Nabil prepared for us on Saturday evening . . . it was perfect in every way. Thank you both for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 4 September 2010

I just spent a week at the Red Hook Inn while traveling on business, and ended up having a wonderfully and unexpected treat! Pat and Nibel are just exceptional hosts. From the moment I arrived, Pat was looking for every opportunity to identify ways she could be helpful and supportive. Nibel started my mornings with delicious breakfasts. He was determined and committed to my starting the day right. His home made bread was delicious. Fresh, organic eggs from hens at the Inn every morning (and there is no rooster to awaken you before you are ready!) I love this place and hope to return with my wife for leisure.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2010

The place is lovely, surrounded by well tended gardens and delightful surroundings in the guest rooms and public rooms. Pat is very knowledeable and helpful, and giving of herself and time. Nabil is a Master Chef. Even his breakfasts are expansive and tasty. And his dinners...they are simply the finest. We were in Red Hook to attend the Summerscape Festival at Bard College. The Festival was a wonderful experience; but, so was staying with Pat and Nabil for four nites. We look forward to being with them next year. It is something to anticipate.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Essex, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Red Hook Inn was just right for us. The Inn itself is really nice, nicely decorated, comfortable, clean, and the owners are great. Nothing better than fresh eggs from their own chickens. I will definately go again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Red Hook
Reviewed 6 August 2010

How can the magic of the Red Hook Inn be captured by words? I live in Red Hook and my handicapped mom, brother, and nephew wanted to stay someplace special where all their needs would be met. Pat and Nabil were wonderful at making them all comfortable. They stayed in the roomy and artfully decorated carriage house suite...comfort beyond their dreams! We spent several nights in the hot tub or the closed- in patio watching the sun set over the garden, playing board games, and eating candle lit dinners. On the last day Nabil out did himself with an incredible eggs benedict and fruit compote breakfast. He even made my nephew hot chacolate with whip cream in JULY! Everyone felt pampered and like they were the only ones at the Inn. The Red Hook Inn is charming, gracious, reasonable, warm, loving, and a perfect setting for creating family memories. Stop by when you are in town...it will take your breath away. Thanks again Pat and Nabil! Marty

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
fohi
Reviewed 17 July 2010

from the first time i called the inn, pat was wonderful to deal with. of course we were looking for a place to stay on a weekend with a bard college event and the antique car show, so rooms were mostly booked. pat was able to move her reservations around a bit to accomodate us for a thurs/fri stay. the house is charming and nabil/ pat are wonderful host. pat was extremely great as she bakes cookies and made popcorn for us while watching a world cup game there. there is a little gazebo that we appreciated as us city folks are deprived of outdoor space. there is also a hot tub for use as well. things to do in the area include the new pougkeepsie pedistrian bridge over the hudson river, the culinary art institue, the olana house and the greg's farm if it is blueberry season. also the chinese take out across the street was great. we got dinner there one night and sat in the gazebo with wine. it was great. i highly recommend the red hook inn and look foward to going back. special props to pat who sent my phone back after me leaving it there!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2010

My sister and her partner said that they wanted to take me and my partner to dinner at the Red Hook Inn for our birthdays. They had been once before and RAVED about the food. In the back of my mind, I kept thinking, "How good can it be and can it really be worth the 2 hour drive out of NYC. Can't we just go to dinner in the city?" But we went. What a fantastic night! It's a funky inn and the restaurant isn't their main business. In fact - we were the only 4 people there, which sounds weird but it was perfect. This chef LOVES to cook. And his food is wonderful! (I'm tempted to use 4 exclamation points but don't want to sound like a teenage girl.) We started with a salad that was completely unique. So much fun to have a NEW salad. Then came some vegetable soup. The cynic came out again - "vegetable soup?" How inventive is that?. Best ever! This guy re-invented vegetable soup. I wish I had some right now. Then came my salmon. Now I've eaten a lot of salmon in my lifetime, but this was spectacular. Cooked to perfection. Incredibly moist. Yummy spices. With every bite you know you're eating food that's made by someone who loves to cook. The chef and his wife turn their home into your private dining experience. They'll cook for 2 or they'll cook for 10. They're fun, personable and interesting. And you can't help but love being around people who truly love what they do. This was an experience that was completely fresh and new and unexpected - not because it's the most amazing view or crowd or atmosphere. It's about having a GREAT meal in a place that allowed us to just relax, enjoy and create a wonderful memory. We're going back in the Fall.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Residence Inn Kingston
Residence Inn Kingston
#4 of 10 in Kingston
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to The Red Hook Country Inn? Share your experiences!