“they were out of things on the menu”
Review of An Apple a Day Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
An Apple a Day Diner
Cuisines: American
Kingston, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“they were out of things on the menu”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

this is the third time I have been here the first time the food was awsome. I had the arichoke dip is was very good went back 2nd and 3rd time they were out of the dip I ordered pot roast the waitress came back and said they didnt have any pot roast got the turkey one slice very small poriton. How can you run a diner with no food. And I complained and they didnt even come out and give us a break on our food or nothing not good customer service in my eyes not sure if I will go back very upsetting

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Greta_m1993

Bedford, Virginia
“Yuck - terrible food - service is the only redeeming part”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

All I can say is wow. My wife and I first visited this place about two years ago and liked it a lot, but since we're not in Red Hook often, this was our first re-visit, and it has gone downhill quite a bit. There was only one other party in the place despite it being 7:00 pm on a Friday night. That should have been our first clue to head for the hills, but based on our previous experience, we stayed.

I ordered a meatloaf sandwich and macaroni salad. My wife ordered nachos. The meatloaf was dry and had zero flavor. The macaroni salad tasted like pure vinegar, and the nachos, which I tried, were terrible. Three strikes and you're out. We won't be returning. I can't help but wonder if the Eveready Diner which opened recently down the street on route 9 has hurt this place. Whatever the reason, stay away. The only reason I didn't give a one-star review is that our waitress was very nice and professional.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank LYHtraveler10
New York
“Average diner food and service”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Another average diner in a strip mall environment. Yahoo.

Visited February 2011
hudson valley, new york
“Great healthy food for a nice price”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This was our first time here. We had a coupon for $7 off from the Entertainment book and we always like to save $ when we can. The selection was ample with good prices. This is not a greasy diner- type place, but rather more like a cafe. The portions were nicely sized. I had a vegeterian wrap with sweet potatoe fries and my husband had a pannini with beef and vegetables. Overall, a nce meal! We will be back, the coupon was a good way to get us in to give them a try.

• Visited August 2011
St Petersburg, Fl
“A winner in Red Hook”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

While staying at the RED HOOK INN we were recommended by our Hostess PAT to the APPLE A DAY DINER a mile south on Route 9. My better half was not particularly hungary so just ordered an appetizer salad. When it arrived it was so large she asked me to help --- it was huge and delicious.

My dinner was great also. We loved the place, which is family owned and operated
and recommend it-----right on Rt ( between Rhinebeck and Red Hook.

PAT also recommended the HOLY COW ICE CREAM joint which was a little further south and on the east side ----standing room only. A two scoop home made strawberry ice cream cone for $1.60 or 1.70. Quick service although the place was jumping. Excellent.

• Visited July 2011