“Faded jewel”

Kring Point State Park
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Redwood
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had stayed at this park a couple of years ago and noticed the prime waterfront sites. We managed to book site 63 which has a wonderful view of the river. The weather turned out terrible which can't be blamed on anyone but for our first time ever we left part way through a trip. The weather was one factor but as others have said the actions of loud inebriated neighbors lessens the fun. The final straw was the state of the washroom facilities nearest out site. The floors and walls were filthy and did not appear to have been thoroughly cleaned all summer. We have stayed at other nearby State Parks and never encountered such a mess. Until it gets cleaned up we will not be back.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This campground has the potential to be one of the best in the area! We were at site 61 (photos included) and we literally faced the River and could walk ten feet to get into the water. That being said, we had the WORST neighbours. There appeared to be 2-4 families in the camp-spot next to us who were so ignorant and kept us up (them and their children) the two nights we were there. What was supposed to be a relaxing weekend ended up being more of an annoyance. I think the park needs to do more rounds at night to keep people quiet (especially when we get to 10 PM at night) to avoid other disturbances.

The second disappointing thing we encountered were the washrooms closest to our campsite. They were very poorly maintained - one of the three women's washroom stalls did not close properly, and one of the other toilets wasn't bolted into the floor properly. The overall state of these particular washrooms was gross for a State park. I never used the showers at this facility and instead we drove to the main washroom/shower facility closer to the park entrance which was much better maintained.

They did recycling and garbage pick-up twice daily which was awesome!

We never made it to the beach, but it looked kind of sad. Maybe for families with smaller children it wouldn't be too bad but I personally preferred to hop into the river (seemed cleaner!) The campsites that face Goose Bay were less nice than those facing the St Lawrence - the water looked murkier and I personally would not have gone swimming there.

I'd say if you have a boat, this place is awesome. If you're looking for some tranquility (i.e. if you have no kids and don't want to be bothered by any) this may not be the best spot for camping, which is truly unfortunate considering how beautiful the place is. It is very family friendly...

3  Thank Connie M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

To start I am a single mom, new at "roughing it" and trying to ease into it. I have 2 boys 9 and almost 1 and my niece 11 with me. I chose a fully equip cabin, #8, as I wanted to have the comforts of home with the baby and with the fact none of us are familiar with camping. I did not think it would be like a hotel but from the time we got the key, I wanted to go home. I had camped here when I was younger and loved it. The cabin does not have access to the water but would possibly have adult fishing from a ledge. I can barley see the water due to the 50 or so trees blocking my view! The bath was filthy, mold on the ceiling, toilet had unmentionables and urine all over, sink was covered in toothpaste. Kitchen cupboards were warped but nice on the outside, 2 burners were crooked and could not hold pans, I brought my own coffee pot and toaster, microwave was clean! Futon in living room was ok, floor was ok...needed a good moping, table needed wiping along with everything else. The beds were nice and thick but needed to be cleaned, they had hair and spots on them, my kids were grossed out. The second day was worse, there were so many spider webs lol I need to fumigate. My son will not sleep in the bunk as there were webs and 2 eight-legged creatures up there. My 1 year old was chasing ants around the floor. We finally decided to just come home. We plan to go back up as they do not offer a refund, but we are dreading it. Oh and the park had massive webs on the slides...we hate spiders lol

1  Thank beth g
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed at this park and what makes it great is the fact almost every site is right on the water. The staff is friendly and washrooms clean. It is only minutes from Alexandria Bay. We will be back.

2  Thank Midnitestork
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed one night with our 8 and 5 year old boys. The park is small and is great for kids. My boys had fun. We WILL go back again. Swimming and fishing was great for them. The staff was friendly and the campground was clean.

1  Thank dgcvgvmv