“Your car would be a better place to sleep....”

Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rensselaer
Potomac, Maryland
“Your car would be a better place to sleep....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We called in the afternoon to confirm our non-smoking room with 2 queen beds and were assured it didn't matter when we arrived. We did so at 9 pm and first were told we'd be on the second floor but then were told they had a better room for us (something fishy about their story). We were given a room directly off the lobby and facing the hotel entrance. The room though designated as non-smoking reeked of smoke. They offered us some spray which didn't do a thing. The hotel guests made excessive noise in the hallway outside our room and in the hotel driveway outside our window. We would have called the front desk to complain but the phone didn't work in our room. They had no other rooms to offer and while they did reduce the price of our room, I would have gotten a better night's sleep in our car.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Laura R
Thomas G, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello Laura R,

Thank you for addressing your concerns with our hotel. I can assure you that your experience was an exception to the outstanding service we pride ourselves on. Isolated on our second floor in the east corridor we do still have smoking rooms. This is to accommodate those who prefer this option, while separating those who do not. Knowing your sensitivity to this, our front desk offered a room on the first floor away from that location. This is why you were told we had a "better room" for you. I'm sorry to hear that there was noise outside of your room. We do have quiet hours at the hotel and know the value of a good night's sleep. In regards to the issue with your phone we have decided to do a complete audit of the phones and lines in our hotel. Please know that we do have two phones in each room, just for instances where one may have gone down on short notice. Please feel free to contact our General Manager, Kesha Legg, to further discuss. Kind Regards~Tom Gabriel, Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
the villages, florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Always stay at this hotel when in the Albany area. The location, service, check-in (Gina), the breakfast and the room are always great. Despite numerous stays, I've yet to use the pool but enjoy the limited fitness room. Will always stay at this hotel when in the Albany area.

Room Tip: Ask for 3rd floor odd numbered room for a great view of the Albany skyline.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thomas G, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Hello buddy m,

Thank you for both writing a review and your loyalty to our property. Gina is a great team member and we will pass along your kind words to her! Also, it's great to read you enjoyed your room. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure rooms are kept clean. Please always feel free to look us up when you are in the area and we look forward to your next stay. Best Regards~Tom Gabriel, Director of Sales
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

A comfortable standard hotel, with good service and a nice pool and whirlpool. I knocked off a star due to the breakfast (all highly processed food; pretty unappetizing). A refrigerator in the room would have been helpful. But overall I found it a pleasant stay and would return.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Leesville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I talked to the sales manager to book my room. I asked if there was a shuttle from the airport. He told me that there was a $15 charge. I said ok and that I needed a ride back to the airport. I thought everything was set. The day before departure I went to the front desk to confirm my ride to the airport, they told me it was at their discretion whether they offered a shuttle ride and they were not going to take me like we agreed on.
My company uses Holiday Inn Express a lot each week and they are not at all happy with the actions of this hotel. It may be that because of this sort of thing they will no longer use them..

Take my advice do not use this hotel if you want dependability....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
KeshaGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear J C (Atlanta),

Thank you for taking time to post your review about your stay with our hotel. I’m sorry you feel that you had private information given out. I take guest privacy very seriously so I immediately investigated this and would like to address the facts I found in researching your stay/experience.

I would like to ease your mind that no personal private data information was given out by our hotel to either your employer or your customers. Our hotel and our parent company take personal data privacy very seriously. We have a personal data privacy policy that I can share with you offline if you would like to contact me.

The information shared with your customers was performance related during your work at the hotel which is in the form of an evaluation. We complete an evaluation for everyone that works for the customers you mention in your review. The customers that you mention are also our customers. In working with these mutual customers we have provided this type of evaluation for the past several years. The information provided about you was neither more nor less than what we regularly provide. I would like to state again, that we did not provide any private personal data about you.

We are all regretful for your feelings regarding your stay at our hotel. We strive to ensure every guest has a wonderful stay at our hotel, so again I am sorry that we fell short with your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly or our mutual customer for further discussion.

Kesha Legg
New Castle, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I stayed at the hotel Feb 25-28. The last night I was there, the place was so noisy, I couldn't sleep at all! I'm talking 2 am and it was so loud the tv couldn't drown out the sound. I called the front desk and they admitted they had many calls, but they did nothing! I talked a girl on the elevator the following morning and she told me she called the front desk 3 times and still, nothing was done. I would never stay again at a hotel where the staff cared so little about satisfying their guests.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank llyoung68
Thomas G, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Hello llyoung68,

I'm sorry to hear that noise at the hotel caused you to lose some sleep. Please know that caring for our guests is our number one priority. I'm sure you can imagine when sold out, it is hard to control the noise level of every guest. We do have a strict quiet hours policy and enforce this when required. We are currently in the process of looking into this occurance. I hope that everything we have complete control over (cleanliness, check in, breakfast etc.) was perfect. If you'd like to provide us with more details or suggestions please call the hotel at 518-286-1011 and ask to speak with General Manager, Kesha Legg. Kind Regards~Tom Gabriel, Director of Sales
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years. The staff at the front desk has always been courteous, we always had a clean room, the breakfast was always as good as can be expected for a complimentary breakfast. It is high up on a hill overlooking the Albany skyline, so there is a nice view if you're facing that direction. We stayed on July 4th, and was able to watch the Albany fireworks from our hotel room. The hotel is next to a sports bar, there is a Cracker Barrel and a Denny's up the street, and a shopping center with a Wal-Mart, Target, movie theatre, bagel shop, etc. about a quarter mile in the other direction. It's in a convenient location. We always had a great experience here, no complaints, would definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the skyline away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas G, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Hello Bianca,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We truly appreciate it. Also, thank you for continuing to stay with us. We are proud to say that we do in fact have one of the best views of Albany! We often spot photographers outside taking pictures for various publications and art works. Please make sure that when dinning at the above restaurants you mention you are a guest with us. Many of them offer discounts for staying at our property. Kind Regards~Tom Gabriel
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great clean hotel. Beautiful view of the Albany skyline. The front desk person, Katia was very pleasant. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfy. Only one problem-there was no hot water to take a shower!! Hopefully they have fixed the problem by now.

Room Tip: Ask for the side with a view of the Albany skyline.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie D
Thomas G, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Hello Debbie D,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are happy to hear that everything that was in our control that day went well! We have passed the compliments on to Katia and our housekeeping staff. We are sorry to hear that you did not have any hot water. This is not a typical situation for us and I'm passing your concern onto our Chief Engineer. I hope you will stay with us again if you are in town. Kind Regards~Tom Gabriel, Director of Sales.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rensselaer
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
Fairfield Inn Albany East Greenbush
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson
Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown
Renaissance Albany Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)? Share your experiences!