“Very Clean, Wonderful Breakfast”
Review of The Veranda House

The Veranda House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
The Veranda House
Ranked #7 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My wife and I decided to stay at the Veranda House to celebrate NYE. Best decision! The B&B is very clean, the inn keeper is extremely friendly and accommodating and the breakfasts were phenomenal. The house is a very short walk to the center of town. My only regret is not being able to stay longer.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Veranda House

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Stayed at Veranda House with my wife in October. Room was really nice and the town of Rhinebeck was a short walk away. The town of Rhinebeck and the area are great and this inn was a great place to explore from. I would definitely go back.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This is not the first time I have stayed at The Veranda House, but it is my last.
My first visit was over five years ago and I found it to be a pleasant stay.

I will never go back again after the rude way in which we were treated by Ms. Yvonne Sarn,
the inn keeper and owner. She demands prepayment in the amount of a one night stay which is customary, however, when we were prepared to settle the entire bill at leaving, she demanded an increased price for our room. I explained to her that her own website posted the room at $15 dollars a night less than what she was demanding but she refused to look at her website or roll back the cost to the advertised level. She raised her voice to me and came very close to calling me an out right liar. Upon returning home, I wrote her, not once but twice, and included the pages from her own website asking for a refund. She never responded to my letter or email. When I called her on the phone, she became belligerent and even said the "Sh_t" word to me. After over a half our of explaining the problem, she did finally agree to send me a partial refund for the amount in question. She then screamed at me, "Don't ever come back." This woman is extremely rude and does not understand that keeping the customer happy and treating them honestly and fairly is of utmost in this economy.

My words of wisdom to any other seekers of a nice bed and breakfast in the Rhinebeck area,
LOOK ELSEWHERE ! ! !

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank YodaNyc
Reviewed 3 October 2012

A gracious hostess!
an imaculate home!
nestled in a charming village!
a gourmet breakfast!
What more could a traveller ask for?
Why would they want 200 characters?
I do not have any more to say but there to be more characters and so I will continue

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank usa381
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Be very careful when reserving a room..... innkeeper not nice
Innkeeper said in order to reserve a room she requires a check deposit for 1 night for a stay of 3.
otherwise she can not hold a room. She also took my credit card number just to open up an account but she said she won't charge anything. I never sent in check and called and left message that I was cancelling within 2 weeks of conversation.. 6/9 weeks later I get a call from innkeeper on the day of my original inquiry of vacation and asked when I would be arriving. I told her that I never sent in check and I called and left message that I didn't want the room. She then called me a lair, she said she doesn't take cancellations over the message machine and doesn't ask for a check deposit and she then yelled and argued and hung up on me.
I have stayed at veranda house once before and this was the exact procedure in booking a room. Innkeeper never called to ask where my check was.
There are plenty of nice B and B's in Rhinebeck . no need to stay here

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank beh10075
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My wife and I have just spent the weekend in Rhinebeck at Veranda House. The house dates back to 1865 (I think). It is well cared for and has a wonderful ambience as a result. Yvonne, the owner, is friendly and helpful - I am gluten free and she was happy to work around my dietary restrictions at breakfast...she also served me the best pot of tea I have had in the States.

Nice room, super clean, topped off with a good breakfast - in summary, this is exactly what a B&B should be (Veranda House is neither an inn nor a hotel - worth being aware of the differences). From my experience, it is a great place and, doubtless, we'll be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rose room - small bathroom but it's a B&B
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phil976
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed at the Veranda House in September and found the house to be charming, and tastefully decorated, with beautiful things collected by the innkeeper over the years. Yvonne was very kind and helpful and her breakfast was very good. Our room was comfortable and well-appointed. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the sherry as we spent a nice hour on the front porch, All in all, a good experience!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Santina L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park
The Red Hook Country  Inn

Been to The Veranda House? Share your experiences!