“Delightful B&B”
Review of The Veranda House

The Veranda House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
The Veranda House
Ranked #7 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 September 2013

On a roadtrip through the Hudson River Valley my husband & I stayed at The Veranda for two nights. It is a charming B&B, beautifully furnished and well located two blocks from the centre of the lovely town of Rhinebeck. The owner, Yvonne, is delightful and was very welcoming and helpful. She is also a wonderful cook and made us delicious and generous breakfasts. Our only concern was the bed in the Forget-Me-Not room was a little soft so that we rolled toward the middle. Nevertheless, we would certainly stay at The Veranda again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RuthEB2013

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Spent 2 nights this past weekend for my brother's wedding weekend. What a find. Well maintained, beautiful B&B. Rooms were spacious and well appointed- comfy beds too. Breakfast (only had one during our stay) was delicious. Yvonne the innkeeper was lovely and gracious. We would definitely stay at Veranda House again when visiting the Hudson Valley.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaWayneNJ
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We spent last Saturday night at this B&B. The room was very comfortable and very clean. Yvonne, the inn keeper, was very friendly and more than happy to accommodate my gluten allergy. The breakfast was delicious, tasting of fresh ingredients. The downstairs sitting room was also comfortable with a variety of new magazines, books and a TV. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rose room which was spacious with a queen bed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marci C
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Well appointed, beautiful and cozy. We reserved two rooms on Memorial Day weekend. The Forget me Not, and the Ivy room. Our rooms were gorgeous, spotless and thoughtfully appointed with chocolates, bottled water, bath toiletries, comforter and extra pillows. Each room was furnished with style and grace. We were greeted by Yvonne at check in and had a brief tour of the living, dining and library. It was a cold and rainy day, so the crystal decanter of sherry was a wonderful touch. Our bed linens were pleasantly scented and the mattresses were perfect. We all slept easily through our night and woke to hot coffee, juice and apple pastry, berry and fruit cups, eggs & sausage. We were on the run and needed to make an 8:30 am commitment, Yvonne was kind enough to make special arrangements to accommodate our schedule and prepared breakfast early.

The Inn is located 2 blocks from the town center and is easily reached walking. There are numerous shops, restaurants and a wonderful arts theater just steps away. No need to drive.
Our only wish was for better weather so we could enjoy the Inn's namesake "Veranda" and garden sipping a glass of wine before dinner.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Quaint B& B with 5 rooms. We stayed upstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tenbiking
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My fiance and I just stayed at the Veranda House this weekend. The entire house was beautiful, very clean, and charming. The room itself was very pretty and the bathroom was huge. Yvonne, the innkeeper, was very gracious and cooked the most amazing breakfasts! it was a great experience and we'll definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 140ChristinaG
Reviewed 8 January 2013

What a nightmare !! After speaking with the innkeeper on several occasions including the same evening it was made clear that my date and I would be arriving quite late following a comedy show. The innkeeper asked what time we would be arriving and stated that the key would be left in the mailbox in the rear of the house but entry would be in the front. After having a great night we arrived to find NO key was left for us. The room was guaranteed with a credit card at a rate higher than is indicated on her website. She stated to me prior to the booking "I can no longer keep those rates, all my prices have gone up". I agreed to the additional $20 cost and was looking forward to staying. She went to the length of asking me what time we would like breakfast?
What a terrible thing to do leaving a couple of happy people in search of a hotel in the early morning. Stay away, I should have picked up on some of the things she stated in our conversations indicating that this wasn't a n ice person nor a good business person....So wrong

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank corey1718
YvonneSarn, Owner at The Veranda House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

A management response for "terrible experience"....
Unfortunately I feel that I must respond to this review as it is not truthful.

There was no deposit given to me nor was there a charge on the credit card. No money was exchanged.

My check in time is between 3-6 pm. I adjusted your late arrival time twice. You had stated that you would be here by 11:00 pm but called at 10:00 pm to state that you would be going bar hopping instead. I left the key for you as until 2:00 am though you said you would be here by 11:00. At this time I had to go to bed and concluded that you were not checking in.

I was awoken at 4:00 am with my door being kicked and beaten and ultimately the side entrance door window was smashed. This was reported to the police.

I am, a bed & breakfast, not a motel. I do not let drunken men into the house at 4:00 am.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

My wife and I decided to stay at the Veranda House to celebrate NYE. Best decision! The B&B is very clean, the inn keeper is extremely friendly and accommodating and the breakfasts were phenomenal. The house is a very short walk to the center of town. My only regret is not being able to stay longer.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
Quality Inn Hyde Park
Quality Inn Hyde Park
#2 of 4 in Hyde Park
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Veranda House? Share your experiences!