“For Diner Food, VERY Good”
Review of Eveready Diner - CLOSED

Eveready Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 13 April 2014

After exploring the Hyde Park/Rhinebeck area for the day, on Saturday February 22 we had a late dinner (approximately 9 PM) at the Eveready Diner. The diner is actually located in Hyde Park (although at the moment TA has it in Rhinebeck - Rhinebeck is several miles away).

The diner was featured in Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives so we thought "why not." I had the sheperd's pie, which was excellent! They add herbs and unexpected ingredients to the shepherd's pie which made it very enjoyable. I honestly can't remember what my fiance had, but I recall that he enjoyed it :-)

We also split the banana cream pie, which was excellent.

It's a diner; if you expect standard diner fare you will pleasantly be surprised that it is BETTER.

There are newer reviews for Eveready Diner

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Stopped for a late breakfast. Food was delicious, good was coffee, diner was very clean and staff was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

They have a lot of room if you've got a crowd after a show and provide all the usual diner standards. Order quick and in advance or you will wait awhile. Also good trick is to grab a drink at the bar (or just sit at the bar) before you sit down for faster service.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My boyfriend LOVES the Eveready Diner. Every time we come up to this part of the state we've got to check in for a lunch or late dinner. (After attending a friend's wedding where the meal was less than filling, we came here for a late-night snack!) A spin-off location from the super-popular Hyde Park diner, this Eveready used to be a rustic-themed restaurant, and you can tell from the bones of the structure. Placing the retro furnishings of the Eveready in this building feels really out of place, like it was shoe-horned in. The Hyde Park location, which has embraced its retro style from the start, feels much more cohesive.

The last time we came here--late on a Friday night--the place was almost empty. Even so, it took a while for a server to take our orders and get our food to us. It may have been because I was starving when I got in there, but it seemed to take a very long time just to make two burgers and a plate of chicken and waffles. And when our meals did come, the waffles had been burned. BF pointed this out and not only did he get a new plate of waffles, but they knocked 10% off our meal for the trouble.

The food here is great, though a bit expensive, but it's some of the best diner food I've had in New York State. My BBQ burger was delicious and cooked just the way I wanted it, and came with both French fries AND onion rings. My boyfriend can't say enough about their homemade macaroni and cheese and their Shepherd's Pie. And if you're not taking advantage of their milkshake menu or their full bar, get a Vanilla Coke, which is Coca-Cola with fresh vanilla syrup, it hits the spot.

We come to this location often because it's closer to home base than Hyde Park, but the Rhinebeck location is inferior in terms of atmosphere and service.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My family booked Eveready's party room for my mom's 90th birthday lunch. They accommodated our gluten free issues although I would like to see gluten free bread and French fries on the menu! The food was great and our waiter was the best! Thanks Eveready!