“Deliciously charming destination B&B”
Review of Olde Rhinebeck Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Olde Rhinebeck Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Shenandoah Valley VA
“Deliciously charming destination B&B”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Olde Rhinebeck Inn is worth the trip, regardless of the reason for visiting the lovely Hudson valley. Jonna has assembly an eclectic set of antiques to complement the house, creating a totally charming effect. Her breakfasts are culinary masterpieces. She is a delightful hostess who facilitates visits to sites in the area. Five stars is not enough to do this place justice.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
East Aurora, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had pretty much sworn off B and Bs. We had never stayed in one regardless of price that I had enjoyed. My husband without my knowing booked he and I along with our 18 year old son into this bed and breakfast. However once we arrived we found the Inn to be quite remarkable. Wonderful setting and tons of history about the Inn itself. Great suite for the three of us. The breakfast also was wonderful with stimulating conversations.
Unfortunately while we were there my husband became very ill and needed to be hospitalized. Jonna the owner could not have been more accommodating if she had been family. She was very supportive. Offering a sofa and shoulder to cry on if I needed when coming back from the hospital at night. She totally became my sons second mom for the days my husband was hospitalized. Even though she had booked our room for the nights we had not made reservations for Jonna worked with us and incoming guests to make room for us to stay till my husband recovered.
I would give this B and B a 20 star if that was a score.
Even without all the personal drama this B and B and inn keeper are absolutely outstanding. Very accommodating and carefully thought out to meet all your personal needs. The innkeeper is also a wealth of knowledge about the area.

1 Thank anita p
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Inncredible! What a Keeper!! If you have the good fortune to be in the Rhinebeck NY area may I suggest a stay at the Olde Rhinebeck Inn. You will be transported back to a time of shared meals with new acquaintances, guidance from a local guide, and a quiet comfort that only the woods can provide. Embrace the pace that will bring you a welcome relief from frantic everyday world. I look forward to my next visit with anticipation and longing.

Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2013

What a lovely place to spend a few days! My mom and I adored our room, very neat and tidy with little wildflowers by the bedside. The breakfast was just what I wanted. Always a few different dishes and fresh fruit, and accommodations for dietary restrictions. Jonna the innkeeper had the best info on what to do in town. She also knows all about the historical background of the house and the area. The house itself is lovely with a great history. I already want to go back!

Germany
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We spent three nights at the Inn and enjoyed it very much. The room was cozy and clean, the innkeeper Jonna very nice. She gave us all the information about restaurants, places to go to and made us feel at home. It is just a few minutes away from Rhinebeck and Kingston, so you will find a lot of restaurants and also shopping malls if you need them. Close to Roosevelt and Vanderbilt estates and the CIA. We'd come back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The breakfasts were wonderful! We got a tour of the entire inn, and I thought each room was lovely. We were very glad for our room though! It was perfect for us--the Ryefield Suite, it gave us enough room to spread out. And my husband loved the cookies! We definitely would stay again, and have already recommended it to friends. Oh, and I forget to mention the symphony that we heard at night of frogs, and who knows what else---not something we hear at home, but very fun to try to guess what insects, animals were making that noise. The 2nd night we left the top part of our door open, so that we could hear it as we fell asleep. And did I mention the antiques, and the collection of sheep? So fun to look at everything!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
boston
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Olde Rhinebeck Inn. As two professionals without children yet, we love to travel and had the chance to stay in many lovely places. This is by far the best US bed and breakfast that we have ever been to.

1. The room: We stayed in the Spirited Dove room upstairs. The room has the charm of from an older time, but all the modern-day conveniences - fast, complementary wifi, a Roku box for streaming netflix, good water pressure, a powerful Jacuzzi, and efficient but quiet air conditioner. Despite a huge thunerstorm one night, the room was very quiet and peaceful. The bed is comfortable and we slept well every night. The room is beautifully appointed and Joanna the innkeeper has thought out of everything. A large marble-topped makeup table where for toiletries without getting everything wet by the sink, light refreshments, multiple sitting areas in the room for reading or even doing a little work if necessary. The porch outside the room is perfect and offers a lovely view of the idyllic pond behind the inn.

2. The food: Joanna's breakfasts are phenomenal. I am not a breakfast person unless it is really good. I couldn't stop eating her breakfasts! She made me a fan of quinoa and quiche, two things I never have liked before. There is a generous mix of sweet and savory choices.

3. The location: absolutely perfect location. Only a 10 minute drive into the heart of Rhinebeck, 15 minutes to Hyde Park for the museums and CIA, about 20 minutes to a beautiful botanical garden Joanna recommended. We preferred staying outside of the main town, since we wanted to maximize the feeling of "getting away".

All in all, this is truly a gem. Joanna is a consummate innkeeper. I would absolutely come back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The Spirited Dove room is larger than it appears in the photos and even more charming in real life...