“The Best Thing Since Oxygen”
Review of Olde Rhinebeck Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Olde Rhinebeck Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Let me tell you about this place. I arrived with my parents on a Sunday night after spending two days at my aunt and uncle's mansion up the street. Sidenote: I never thought I'd be someone who would write that sentence.
Anyway my mom and I leave for FDR's home the next morning after the most fantastic breakfast I've had in my 18 years of life, leaving my father to do some business over the phone. We return to find out he's sick, and in 24 hours we check him into the local hospital. About that time I get a text message from my then girlfriend saying she'd found someone else.
Cue teenage angst.
We had to spend two additional days in Rhinebeck while this was happening, the innkeeper, the lovely Jonna, was by my family the whole trip. She called my mom while she was out with my father, checked on me while I was too depressed to get out of bed. Right before we left she even talked with me about my breakup, and yesterday I got a book in the mail titled "How to Deal with the Loss of a Love" from her.
She goes above and beyond, her setting is beautiful, her inn wonderful, and her heart is so large that I worry she might have a condition. And you know what? If she does I would gladly donate her mine.

3  Thank Noah P
There are newer reviews for Olde Rhinebeck Inn

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The worst things about the Olde Rhinebeck Inn are that it's spotlessly clean and Jonna is a fantastic cook - it just get's better from there! We could not have selected a better place to enjoy a long weekend with friends.

Room Tip: I'd choose the main floor room with a screened in porch. The porch is a great place for an earl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Olde Rhinebeck Inn is worth the trip, regardless of the reason for visiting the lovely Hudson valley. Jonna has assembly an eclectic set of antiques to complement the house, creating a totally charming effect. Her breakfasts are culinary masterpieces. She is a delightful hostess who facilitates visits to sites in the area. Five stars is not enough to do this place justice.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had pretty much sworn off B and Bs. We had never stayed in one regardless of price that I had enjoyed. My husband without my knowing booked he and I along with our 18 year old son into this bed and breakfast. However once we arrived we found the Inn to be quite remarkable. Wonderful setting and tons of history about the Inn itself. Great suite for the three of us. The breakfast also was wonderful with stimulating conversations.
Unfortunately while we were there my husband became very ill and needed to be hospitalized. Jonna the owner could not have been more accommodating if she had been family. She was very supportive. Offering a sofa and shoulder to cry on if I needed when coming back from the hospital at night. She totally became my sons second mom for the days my husband was hospitalized. Even though she had booked our room for the nights we had not made reservations for Jonna worked with us and incoming guests to make room for us to stay till my husband recovered.
I would give this B and B a 20 star if that was a score.
Even without all the personal drama this B and B and inn keeper are absolutely outstanding. Very accommodating and carefully thought out to meet all your personal needs. The innkeeper is also a wealth of knowledge about the area.

1  Thank anita p
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Inncredible! What a Keeper!! If you have the good fortune to be in the Rhinebeck NY area may I suggest a stay at the Olde Rhinebeck Inn. You will be transported back to a time of shared meals with new acquaintances, guidance from a local guide, and a quiet comfort that only the woods can provide. Embrace the pace that will bring you a welcome relief from frantic everyday world. I look forward to my next visit with anticipation and longing.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

What a lovely place to spend a few days! My mom and I adored our room, very neat and tidy with little wildflowers by the bedside. The breakfast was just what I wanted. Always a few different dishes and fresh fruit, and accommodations for dietary restrictions. Jonna the innkeeper had the best info on what to do in town. She also knows all about the historical background of the house and the area. The house itself is lovely with a great history. I already want to go back!

Reviewed 21 June 2013

We spent three nights at the Inn and enjoyed it very much. The room was cozy and clean, the innkeeper Jonna very nice. She gave us all the information about restaurants, places to go to and made us feel at home. It is just a few minutes away from Rhinebeck and Kingston, so you will find a lot of restaurants and also shopping malls if you need them. Close to Roosevelt and Vanderbilt estates and the CIA. We'd come back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
#1 of 4 in Hyde Park
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa

Been to Olde Rhinebeck Inn? Share your experiences!