“Fiddler's Farm House at Old Rheinbeck Inn”
Review of Olde Rhinebeck Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Olde Rhinebeck Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Everything we needed was in this house! You and a housemate or two have a whole house! A living room, hall, stairway and kitchen are in common. You are on your own but innkeepers Jonna and Leighann are a breath away by phone or email. Long distance phone calls are free(!) and there is WiFi too with no code! Somebody and her husband enjoyed a lot of Face Time at night:) And all this was $175 per night! I'm very pleased and excited. Less than 2 miles from the Omega Institute. Absolutely the best way to do Omega.

You can turn the heat on or off. We did not watch TV. I got on swimmingly with my housemate. We had loads in common. Sometimes we ate in the kitchen, having brought our own food, coffee and tea. I'm the kind of person who keeps to my room during Omega workshops when I'm not hiking, meditating, checking out the lake, the music house or just sitting in the Ram Dass library.
My housemate is similar although she sometimes had her door open and was quite friendly.

The combination of WiFi in a 1700's farm house, like my grandmother's, updated, was such
a surprisingly welcome combination. In fact, I wish the Hotels Ritz still did colorful decor like this.
Everything about the decor was well-thought out and carefully planned. The two bathroom mats
upstairs were expertly woven with nice reds, pinks and perhaps some blue and purple. They were very handmade and yet with a certain ineffable modern touch to them. A joy to step on. I can see that this house is outfitted for winter, too.

The way I've been living for the last 30 years I had no room for antiques and then I married a man who's design sense is somewhere in between FLW and Frank Gehry(which I love), but this was a special hark back to how well both sets of Grandparents used to treat me and my siblings.

It's a pleasure to pull up in your car up to this little house on the hill, too. Home away from home.

Room Tip: I liked the 2d floor room of Fiddler's Farm House. Lots of reds, like little strawberries on th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were very lucky to spend 2 restful, peaceful nights at the Old Rhinebeck Inn at the end of August. Jonna (innkeeper) and Leighanne were both wonderful hosts and made us feel completely at home. We stayed in the Ryefield suite which was enormous, spotless and beautiful. We had such a relaxing time and would recommend this to anyone looking for a home away from home and a bit of a treat. Lots of interesting things to see in the area, but also a great location for relaxing and doing nothing :) Thank you Old Rhinebeck Inn! x

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Let me tell you about this place. I arrived with my parents on a Sunday night after spending two days at my aunt and uncle's mansion up the street. Sidenote: I never thought I'd be someone who would write that sentence.
Anyway my mom and I leave for FDR's home the next morning after the most fantastic breakfast I've had in my 18 years of life, leaving my father to do some business over the phone. We return to find out he's sick, and in 24 hours we check him into the local hospital. About that time I get a text message from my then girlfriend saying she'd found someone else.
Cue teenage angst.
We had to spend two additional days in Rhinebeck while this was happening, the innkeeper, the lovely Jonna, was by my family the whole trip. She called my mom while she was out with my father, checked on me while I was too depressed to get out of bed. Right before we left she even talked with me about my breakup, and yesterday I got a book in the mail titled "How to Deal with the Loss of a Love" from her.
She goes above and beyond, her setting is beautiful, her inn wonderful, and her heart is so large that I worry she might have a condition. And you know what? If she does I would gladly donate her mine.

3  Thank Noah P
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The worst things about the Olde Rhinebeck Inn are that it's spotlessly clean and Jonna is a fantastic cook - it just get's better from there! We could not have selected a better place to enjoy a long weekend with friends.

Room Tip: I'd choose the main floor room with a screened in porch. The porch is a great place for an earl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Olde Rhinebeck Inn is worth the trip, regardless of the reason for visiting the lovely Hudson valley. Jonna has assembly an eclectic set of antiques to complement the house, creating a totally charming effect. Her breakfasts are culinary masterpieces. She is a delightful hostess who facilitates visits to sites in the area. Five stars is not enough to do this place justice.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I had pretty much sworn off B and Bs. We had never stayed in one regardless of price that I had enjoyed. My husband without my knowing booked he and I along with our 18 year old son into this bed and breakfast. However once we arrived we found the Inn to be quite remarkable. Wonderful setting and tons of history about the Inn itself. Great suite for the three of us. The breakfast also was wonderful with stimulating conversations.
Unfortunately while we were there my husband became very ill and needed to be hospitalized. Jonna the owner could not have been more accommodating if she had been family. She was very supportive. Offering a sofa and shoulder to cry on if I needed when coming back from the hospital at night. She totally became my sons second mom for the days my husband was hospitalized. Even though she had booked our room for the nights we had not made reservations for Jonna worked with us and incoming guests to make room for us to stay till my husband recovered.
I would give this B and B a 20 star if that was a score.
Even without all the personal drama this B and B and inn keeper are absolutely outstanding. Very accommodating and carefully thought out to meet all your personal needs. The innkeeper is also a wealth of knowledge about the area.

1  Thank anita p
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Inncredible! What a Keeper!! If you have the good fortune to be in the Rhinebeck NY area may I suggest a stay at the Olde Rhinebeck Inn. You will be transported back to a time of shared meals with new acquaintances, guidance from a local guide, and a quiet comfort that only the woods can provide. Embrace the pace that will bring you a welcome relief from frantic everyday world. I look forward to my next visit with anticipation and longing.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
Roosevelt Inn
#1 of 4 in Hyde Park
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Olde Rhinebeck Inn? Share your experiences!