“Great for Lunch on the Terrace”
Review of Terrapin

Terrapin
Reserve with OpenTable
Terrapin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Livingston Street
Description: We are passionately committed to providing our guests with a delightfully unique dining experience. As a Hudson Valley dining destination, we strive to consistently provide you with the freshest, highest quality food; celebrating the robust local bounty. Whether a quiet dinner for two or large family gathering, our staff is dedicated to creating a personalized experience served in a warm, yet elegant environment. From kitchen to table, our holistic approach to the dining experience compels us to be uncompromising in the quality of our product.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

An interesting menu, with excellent food and service. The watermelon gazpacho is very fresh and refreshing!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My daughter and I recently went to Terrain for dinner. We were immediately seated at the outside patio at our request. The patio was relatively crowded, but there was a table for us. Our waitress greeted us, introducing herself and asked if we wanted a drink. We placed our order shortly after drinks arrived. We both chose their sandwiches which you can build yourself. You can choose what you want on your sandwich (burger, chicken, fish, veggie burger, etc...) then choose your bread, toppings and sauces. All reasonably priced, some of the toppings were a minimal extra charge. I had a burger on whole grain bread, with grilled portobellos, maple/mustard sauce & other usual burger garnishes. My daughter had a veggie burger on a ciabatta roll served with pesto sauce & hummus (her choice) Sandwiches are served with either fries or salad. I also had a cup of their corn chowder. Our food was served in a timely manner, waitress checked on us several times. Overall pleasant dining experience. We will definitely return to this restaurant!

1  Thank momof2Ny
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife had the short rib and I had the skirt steak. Both were a little on the tasteless side, but otherwise well presented and tender. I had the Calamari to start which was deep fried and quite (make that - very) oily. It came with a Pineapple sauce which was unusual but pleasant.

We shared a Creme Brule which was very good.

Prices for a main range from the upper $20 through upper $30.

I found the whole meal overpriced for what we ate and I would not return.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Everything was excellent, from the potato gnocchi with duck liver appetizer to the duck breast entree.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a party of eight and our server was excellent. Loved their cocktail list with interesting drinks, great flights featuring New York bourbons, beers and wines. Food was great, they do a nice job splitting if you ask. Deserts great. This is a neat place, an old church converted. Right in the heart of town. The main dining room has great soring ceilings and this was a fun spot!

Been to Terrapin? Share your experiences!