“charming setting”
Review of Terrapin

Terrapin
Reserve with OpenTable
Terrapin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Livingston Street
Description: We are passionately committed to providing our guests with a delightfully unique dining experience. As a Hudson Valley dining destination, we strive to consistently provide you with the freshest, highest quality food; celebrating the robust local bounty. Whether a quiet dinner for two or large family gathering, our staff is dedicated to creating a personalized experience served in a warm, yet elegant environment. From kitchen to table, our holistic approach to the dining experience compels us to be uncompromising in the quality of our product.
Reviewed 27 August 2014

lovely setting in an old church. Very good food and service. Interesting menu with lots to choose from. I had duck and my husband had fish. everything was delicious.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Althouugh it is a pleasant place to dien and a good location, and consitent in quality and service, he food is avereage but good. A little pricey for what you get, but decent.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

An interesting menu, with excellent food and service. The watermelon gazpacho is very fresh and refreshing!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My daughter and I recently went to Terrain for dinner. We were immediately seated at the outside patio at our request. The patio was relatively crowded, but there was a table for us. Our waitress greeted us, introducing herself and asked if we wanted a drink. We placed our order shortly after drinks arrived. We both chose their sandwiches which you can build yourself. You can choose what you want on your sandwich (burger, chicken, fish, veggie burger, etc...) then choose your bread, toppings and sauces. All reasonably priced, some of the toppings were a minimal extra charge. I had a burger on whole grain bread, with grilled portobellos, maple/mustard sauce & other usual burger garnishes. My daughter had a veggie burger on a ciabatta roll served with pesto sauce & hummus (her choice) Sandwiches are served with either fries or salad. I also had a cup of their corn chowder. Our food was served in a timely manner, waitress checked on us several times. Overall pleasant dining experience. We will definitely return to this restaurant!

1  Thank momof2Ny
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife had the short rib and I had the skirt steak. Both were a little on the tasteless side, but otherwise well presented and tender. I had the Calamari to start which was deep fried and quite (make that - very) oily. It came with a Pineapple sauce which was unusual but pleasant.

We shared a Creme Brule which was very good.

Prices for a main range from the upper $20 through upper $30.

I found the whole meal overpriced for what we ate and I would not return.