“Served it's purpose.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Primrose Hill Bed & Breakfast

Primrose Hill Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Primrose Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
“Served it's purpose.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I decided to come up-state instead of going to the Hamptons for a change. We booked his B&B based on the reviews and availability. I agree with one of the other reviewers that this is more like a house with two guest rooms. Also, the rooms are a little dated and the bed was very creaky. But everything was very well kept and clean. Breakfast was a huge disappointment as the waffles were just egg-o waffles of a box. The only thing fresh was the fruit and bacon. I've stayed at other B&B's were there was home-made food was scratch which was really lovely. Owner (Dave) was a nice enough guy, but we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KiwiChickNY
doriley, Owner at Primrose Hill Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 December 2014
Karen and I are disappointed that you didn’t have as good a time at our B&B here in Rhinebeck as you normally do in the Hampton’s. We do try very hard to please our guests. We have decorated the rooms in a fashion that is pleasing to most.. The rooms have traditional furnishings that have been popular for centuries, a hard wood sleigh bed in one room and a four poster bed in another with cherry finish and pleasant furnishings. Our breakfasts are also homemade and fresh.
I can assure you that the waffles do not come out of a box. I am not sure what egos taste like but I can assure all future guests that we put a lot more effort in than that.. With that being said we do apologize if we were not up to your standards and wish you success as you vacation in B&B’s in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this lovely B & B for 3 nights while attending a workshop at the nearby Omega Institute. Dave and Karen were warm and hospitable from the time I first enquired about availability and made my reservation. The accommodations were excellent. My room was very spacious, clean, and had all the amenities including an attached bathroom with shower, a TV (with available video library) and excellent WiFi connection. I especially appreciated that the room had its own AC which allowed me to control the temperature for my perfect sleeping conditions! Breakfast was great - made to order and at the time of my choice which was wonderful. My workshop started later in the morning so I was able to enjoy a leisurely morning and have some delightful conversations with my hosts. I also enjoyed a very refreshing swim in the beautiful pool at the end of one long, hot day. If I return to this area I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with my Father.
Very quiet location in a nice area but just a few minutes from the main "9" roads so straightforward to get to all the main places of interest.
Dave and Karen were both extremely hospitable, helpful and basically just decent and nice people.
Beautifully laid out table for breakfast and pretty much anything to eat could be requested.
The house and rooms were spotless. Bed linen, towels etc. were also all clean and fresh.
One Bedroom had a shower the other shower and bath
The porch area had seating where it was nice to sit and relax sometimes after a day of running around trying to see all the sights.
Private car parking (so no need to park on the street)
Wi-Fi worked very well despite the slightly remote location - it was actually quicker than in NYC sometimes !.
Rooms had a small TV and DVD player - there's an extensive DVD library that guests can use and also a fridge solely for guest use.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to stay in the Hudson River Valley, and chose Rhinebeck for its central location to the other major towns (we explored the other towns over the weekend and found Rhinebeck to be the most charming).

The B&B is located on a quiet street close to town, and is very well kept and nicely furnished. I find that the people that run a B&B are what matters most, and Dave was extremely nice and very helpful in navigating the neighborhoods.

The bed was very comfortable and breakfast in the morning was made to order and delicious. Considering the lower price compared to other places in the area this was a steal!

Overall a great stay for my girlfriend and I so I would definitely recommend for anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eric44444444
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is a beautiful and immaculately clean b &b to stay. The grounds are just beautiful. The inside is just as beautiful and decorated nicely. Dave and Karen were just so nice and make you feel very comfortable and welcome. You can ask them anything and they are happy to assist you. So happy we found this B & B. I visit the area a couple times a year so I look forward to staying there again. I was sad that I did not have more time to stay this trip, I would have loved to stay longer.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deana O
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This place was fantastic!!! Location, parking, room, amenities and breakfast were all amazing. I didn't feel I was staying in a normal B&B, I felt like I was staying with extended family (but in a good way). The house is not a point of interest B&B, it's just a really nice house in a beautiful neighborhood with a huge lawn, garden, pool, movies and extremely friendly and accommodating owners. All of these things (including the breakfast, which was delicious) totally surpassed expectations.

Primrose had two drawbacks, however, one major, one minor. The serious drawback, and deal breaker for me for a return stay, was the bed. It was very hard and both my partner and I slept terribly the two nights we were there. I often sleep better in hotels and B&Bs because the mattresses in these places are usually softer than the one we have at home. I would not recommend this place if you need a soft bed (which I do). If you like a very firm mattress, you may find this place perfect.

The other drawback, which was minor, was that we could not close the blinds or curtains entirely against the morning light. The windows at the top of the room were very high, the blinds didn't reach and the curtains didn't quite keep out the light. It was bright in the room at 6:30am and this was early for us. We like it dark until it's time to get up. This one is not a deal breaker, but something they might consider amending, no biggie.

Room Tip: The room in the front of the house is where we stayed.