“cozy”

Primrose Hill Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Primrose Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights and we were very happy. The owners Karen and Dave
greeted us very warmly as if we were old friends. The house is immaculate and the room very nice, bright, warm and very clean. Our breakfasts were delicious and they made you whatever you requested. We would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two weekday nights and we were more than pleased. The price was right -- the same (and even meaningfully less in some cases) than chain hotels, and even less than some B&Bs in the center of Rhinebeck or other towns nearby. It's in a residential area so it's very quiet and relaxing, but a short drive into town and near to other towns such as Kingston, Red Hook, Tivoli, Hyde Park, etc. David and Karen were excellent hosts starting from the moment I called to make a reservation -- at other places I tried no one even picked up the phone or responded to emails. The room we stayed in was comfortable and immaculately clean, as was our bathroom. There is also a pool behind the house, and a very nice porch area in front. Breakfast included fresh berries and anything else we wanted. They were happy to make inquires for us about activities in the area and supplied us with printed directions. I'm very happy we stayed at the Primrose Inn and would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great great B&B. Stayed 4 nights with 3 other ladies, we had a fabulous time. We choose this place because of it's location to the Country Living Fair. Dave and Karen were gracious host and their Grandson helped serve our wonderful Breakfast each day. The food was wonderful and our rooms were very comfortable. I would highly recommend this beAutiful place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I decided to come up-state instead of going to the Hamptons for a change. We booked his B&B based on the reviews and availability. I agree with one of the other reviewers that this is more like a house with two guest rooms. Also, the rooms are a little dated and the bed was very creaky. But everything was very well kept and clean. Breakfast was a huge disappointment as the waffles were just egg-o waffles of a box. The only thing fresh was the fruit and bacon. I've stayed at other B&B's were there was home-made food was scratch which was really lovely. Owner (Dave) was a nice enough guy, but we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KiwiChickNY
doriley, Owner at Primrose Hill Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2014

Karen and I are disappointed that you didn’t have as good a time at our B&B here in Rhinebeck as you normally do in the Hampton’s. We do try very hard to please our guests. We have decorated the rooms in a fashion that is pleasing to most.. The rooms have traditional furnishings that have been popular for centuries, a hard wood sleigh bed in one room and a four poster bed in another with cherry finish and pleasant furnishings. Our breakfasts are also homemade and fresh.
I can assure you that the waffles do not come out of a box. I am not sure what egos taste like but I can assure all future guests that we put a lot more effort in than that.. With that being said we do apologize if we were not up to your standards and wish you success as you vacation in B&B’s in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this lovely B & B for 3 nights while attending a workshop at the nearby Omega Institute. Dave and Karen were warm and hospitable from the time I first enquired about availability and made my reservation. The accommodations were excellent. My room was very spacious, clean, and had all the amenities including an attached bathroom with shower, a TV (with available video library) and excellent WiFi connection. I especially appreciated that the room had its own AC which allowed me to control the temperature for my perfect sleeping conditions! Breakfast was great - made to order and at the time of my choice which was wonderful. My workshop started later in the morning so I was able to enjoy a leisurely morning and have some delightful conversations with my hosts. I also enjoyed a very refreshing swim in the beautiful pool at the end of one long, hot day. If I return to this area I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights with my Father.
Very quiet location in a nice area but just a few minutes from the main "9" roads so straightforward to get to all the main places of interest.
Dave and Karen were both extremely hospitable, helpful and basically just decent and nice people.
Beautifully laid out table for breakfast and pretty much anything to eat could be requested.
The house and rooms were spotless. Bed linen, towels etc. were also all clean and fresh.
One Bedroom had a shower the other shower and bath
The porch area had seating where it was nice to sit and relax sometimes after a day of running around trying to see all the sights.
Private car parking (so no need to park on the street)
Wi-Fi worked very well despite the slightly remote location - it was actually quicker than in NYC sometimes !.
Rooms had a small TV and DVD player - there's an extensive DVD library that guests can use and also a fridge solely for guest use.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place to stay in the Hudson River Valley, and chose Rhinebeck for its central location to the other major towns (we explored the other towns over the weekend and found Rhinebeck to be the most charming).

The B&B is located on a quiet street close to town, and is very well kept and nicely furnished. I find that the people that run a B&B are what matters most, and Dave was extremely nice and very helpful in navigating the neighborhoods.

The bed was very comfortable and breakfast in the morning was made to order and delicious. Considering the lower price compared to other places in the area this was a steal!

Overall a great stay for my girlfriend and I so I would definitely recommend for anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric44444444
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
Hampton Inn Kingston
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast
Old Stone Farm
Old Stone Farm
#8 of 15 in Rhinebeck

Been to Primrose Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!