“Smoky Rock BBQ Rvw”

Ranked #23 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Smoked Meat Paradise includes St.Louis ribs, baby back, brisket , pork belly, pastrami, sausage and just added smoked duck. Variety of sides and new additions to menu drunk shrimp and salmon. Full bar over 30 bourbons and 8 craft beers on tap.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The atmosphere was nice; walked through it from back of bldg (strange entrance, but nice to have a parking lot for patrons.0 The outside seating was nice. Server & wait staff - Excellent; friendly, efficient & attentive.
Now: the Food (not good when a restaurant rvw doesn't start about it). Not a lot of choices for appetizers; no wings! Looking for a some, bbq place to have nice, smoked wings; (im not fond of bbq/sauce); MAX'S in Red Hook has Great Smoked wings!) Chose 1/2 chicken for entree- bland; sides were not great-opted for kale,garlic sauteed - so overcooked. others in grp had the pulled pork - not good. Just all in all, they need to revamp the menu and the place would be great!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love BBQ and I had high hopes for this establishment but in it's current form it's not BBQ.
True BBQ restaurants offer sauce options and this one doesn't. They just have one sauce, they claimed two but there was no difference between the two "sauces" they offered.
We tried the brisket and the pulled pork.
The brisket was sliced too thin and it was really, really dry, it needed sauce in order to be edible.
The pulled pork was better than the brisket, it had decent flavor.
The extensive patio area is great but if this place is going to make a go of it the food needs to improve. Currently my partner and I disagree on giving them another chance

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I love barbecue but this new restaurant needs a new chef! I want the place to work....it's great to have a medium priced restaurant in town. Great outdoor space, and nice service. The pulled pork was greasy. The bread it was served on was soaked through with grease. My friend took one taste of the ribs and said they were tasteless; as was the brisket. The only thing he liked in the tasting plate was the sausage.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

New owners are trying very hard to please- extremely attentive wait staff. We had a house salad with choice of flavored oil; the basil infused was good! Very large portion and no iceberg lettuce yeah! Then split appetizer platter- ribs were very tender and good! For dessert, pecan pie tartlet which was good, sweet, and fresh. I will ask them to warm it up next time.

The attraction to us is the awesome outdoor seating...big patio, with shade or sun. Will return here for sure!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Sorry to hear the other reviewer had a bad experience. Ours was quite the opposite. My wife and I had lunch there last week and definitely plan to go back.

Many artistic remnants of the previous restaurant are still here and this makes the place unique. They did a great job renovating as well.

We each had the dry rubbed ribs but decided to to add their BBQ sauce to add some more flavor and moisture. Next time will order the ribs with BBQ sauce. The ribs were pretty large and meaty and we took home almost half of them for dinner. The cole slaw was excellent with just the right amount of horse radish.

I ordered a draft beer after describing my preferences re taste and the beer was excellent. The price was offered when asked. In stead of the French fries we ordered steamed veggies and they were fine.

The server was knowledgeable, efficient and courteous. She came up to rhinebeck about five years ago from TX. Had a smile and was attentive.

We will definitely be back.

Audrey and Sam Marcus