“Great Historic Inn”

The Tavern at the Beekman Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern at the Beekman Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our restaurant with its Colonial Tap Room featuring overhead beams, open hearth fireplace, and a charming bar. Our restaurant serves lunch and dinner seven days a week year round and Brunch on Sundays. Dining is in several separate dining rooms and a garden greenhouse. We also cater to banquet, wedding and private parties.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

What a great historic restaurant and Inn. George Washington, Aaron Burr, Alexander Hamilton and other great men of history actually ate and slept here. It is know as the oldest Inn in America. The food was great and reasonably priced. The service and atmosphere was excellent. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We decide to have lunch at the solarium part of the restaurant and I’m glad we did. We really enjoyed our lunch. My wife & I both had a club sandwich, but most of all, we enjoyed the atmosphere and beautiful views of downtown Rhinebeck, NY. We had a very enjoyable, relaxing lunch. We can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We would go here to the "1776 Tavern" to see our friend, Melissa "Missy" Kelly, a CIA-grad, and Exec Chef who ran the kitchen. She was mentored by the legendary Larry Forgione, and now owns her own restaurant, Primo in Rockland Maine, where they also have a small, working farm and artisanal food shop -- it's fantastic, too!

The Beekman Arms is a must stop when you're in Rhinebeck (also do not miss the live shows on the W/E's at the Rhinebeck Aerodrome!)

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We tryed to stay at the Beekman arms but it had been booked for months ahead, so we had lunch a few times. the pub was relaxing and nice. The staff were wonderful and took the time to talk with us about the history of the Beekman, which we enjoyed very much. I was a wonderful meal and a great education of what is so near for so many. we will return there but will book many months in advance to stay in the Tavern. My husband even went there while I was at the spa and got a history tour. It was a wonderful time for us both.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Usually when dining at "historical" locations you expect the atmosphere to prevail over the quality of the food. However, The Tavern at the Beekman Arms is an exception. I recently had dinner here with a friend who claimed that she had never had a bad meal here. The quaint and dimly lighted bar was cozy and the cocktails well made and nicely presented.
It was a dreary, rainy night outside so I tried the Butternut Squash soup as a starter. It was pure smooth sunshine in a bowl. My entree was the coffee braised short ribs which I devoured. This was the kind of dish where you clean your plate and then look for the last roll in the basket to sop up the leftover gravy. This was served with mashed potatoes (with skins) and a very fresh "summer succotash" - all yummy. My friend had a small cut of prime rib which was done exactly to her liking and very flavorful. Unfortunately, neither one of us had room to try dessert.
Service here was attentive and friendly without being overly intrusive. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Jeanne323