The Beekman Arms is right on 9 and the road coming from Rhinecliff NY. Rhinebeck is a swanky little town with prices to match about 2 1/2 hrs. north of New York, an easy Amtrak ride. I stayed on a weeknight, so no 2 night stay required. The Beekman Arms dates back to a 1766 inn. The entry of the hotel, its reading room and the bar are as old as anything I've seen, though they must have been periodically redone. Low beams, very dark and atmospheric bar, and a nice glassed-in patio where continental breakfast is served. I asked for their least expensive room ($45 cheaper than most B & Bs in the area) - got one in their back cottage which is ground level. Was bright red with two huge poster beds, nice and warm. Decor is dated, but I like that. Lovely garden with winter ornamental cabbages, chrysanthemums and 2 busloads of children who had carved pumpkins to display for Halloween. Walk right down the street for dinner or a movie (indy movie theater). To those who complain it's "old" - other local B & Bs are very pricey, and in older homes - that's the charm of this area. Plan your trip to hear some excellent music at Bard College, or during the summer music festival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Weary visitors have been staying at the Beekman Arms since 1766. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beekman Arms And Delamater Hotel Rhinebeck
- Beekman Arms Rhinebeck
- Beekman Arms Hotel Rhinebeck