“My Secret Getaway From Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lakeside Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Richfield Springs
Lakeside Inn
NYC
“My Secret Getaway From Life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I usually don't write reviews but I feel like I would be doing this house an injustice if I didn't share my experience. The drive from NYC to the house was long and tiring but the moment I arrived at the house everything I had felt was erased. The house sits on a the side of a hill with an amazing view of the lake. For a person that stares out the window and only see the concrete jungle of NYC, the picturesque lake view I saw everyday was breathtaking and a perfect escape from the city.

From the moment I stepped in the house, I felt relaxed. The living room was spacious and a perfect place to sit back and have a conversation with your friends and love ones. The kitchen was modern enough to have all the necessary appliance but classic enough to keep the feel of being in the country. Bedrooms were equipped with comfortable beds that guaranteed you a night of peaceful rest to prepare you for the beauty that lurks outside the house.

What can I say about the patio? Well, the first thing that comes to mind is how big it was. I asked Jonathan about the patio and he told me he built it himself. That impressive, the quality of the patio/deck was top notch. I could have invited my whole family to have a pig roast on the patio and we would still had room to invite the next door neighbor. I spent most of the morning sitting on the patio and enjoying what mother nature had to offer. A beautiful lake in the front and the forest to my back (while drinking my favorite beverage).

When I decided to go out, which took a lot of convincing from my friends, we drove to Cooperstown. Cooperstown was about 15 minutes away, the drive itself was worth it. The lake was on my left while driving and the serene feeling I experienced was tv commercial worthy.

I will definitely make this lake house as my annual getaway from the crazy life we all live in.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Staten Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quiet country place to stay, away from the busy tourist town of Cooperstown yet close enough to enjoy all it has to offer. Jonathan's home was the perfect place . It was about a 15 minute drive away. It is across the street from a lake.We had a beautiful view from our very neat, clean room, the kitchen eating area and the very nice outside deck. Jonathan made us feel welcome from the start. He gave us information about the area and we even shared some meals with him! What a great guy and a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

#2 of 2 in Schuyler Lake
Lake View Motel
Lake View Motel
#6 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!