Our wedding party and other friends our age stayed at this hotel for the entire weekend of our Cooperstown wedding. Though the Lake House is located about 15 minutes north of the village proper, the property is nestled next to a lovely lake and within a 5 minute-drive of a grocery store, pharmacy, restaurants, etc. in Richfield Springs.
With bedrooms off of the two central common rooms was the perfect layout for our group preparations and celebrations. The decor was charming, woodsy, and cozy- perfect for the style of our wedding and fitting for the area. Chris, the owner and manager, allowed us to bring our two dogs as well! Having the freedom to use the entirety of the hotel for our group was the epitome of relaxing. We did not have to worry about bothering other guests or running into people we didn't know at the height of our wedding stress.
Along with the cozy accommodations, Chris made us all a delicious and hot breakfast every morning. She was excellent to work with from our first visit in May, through the booking process, and through the most perfect wedding weekend ever!
We highly recommend this hotel for large groups. It was clean, welcoming, and the staff is wonderful. Though we were too busy to enjoy the lake, I have no doubts that the activities available to guests are fantastic as well. The price is hard to beat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House Restaurant and Lodge was built in 1843 and rests on the shores of Canadarago. The lodge and restaurant are a secluded haven for those looking for a place to relax, fish, hunt, and simply get away from city life. Lake House Restaurant and Lodge is host to our ever popular sulfur baths, which is great for your skin and has even proven to heal skin disorders and help relieve arthritis. There is plenty to do out here Richfield Springs, including a short drive to the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, or rent out a jet ski and explore Canadarago Lake. We also boast large out seating area, which is perfect for outdoor wedding or concerts. Hurry out to Lake House Restaurant and Lodge and stay awhile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake House Hotel Richfield Springs
- The Lake Hotel
- Lake Hotel Richfield Springs