Arriving to the area late at night and in need of lodging I logged into tripadvisor to find a hotel. After reading reviews for The Lake House I felt lucky to hear they had availability. Upon arrival my kids used the lobby restroom. To say it was filthy is an understatement. The lobby included magazine from a yesteryear, disheveled paperwork in multiple places, house cat roaming around, and the staff just added to the mystique. It's late, I'm tired and just want to sleep. I'm asked to pay before I'm shown to the room and in my moment of weakness I agreed. The room was upstairs where there was a common area. A child was sitting alone watching TV (it was quite late and where were the parents?). I was lead past a coffee/snack station and a overfilled trash can. My room was behind a curtain. There was a hallway to a staircase and my room was on one side of the hall and my restroom on the other side of the hall. The room furniture was dusty and the room in general seemed unkept. I immediately knew that I couldn't stay in this establishment. I truly felt uneasy and unsafe. In closing, I can't help but to suspect that all the favorable reviews I see for this hotel are completely made up and false.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House Restaurant and Lodge was built in 1843 and rests on the shores of Canadarago. The lodge and restaurant are a secluded haven for those looking for a place to relax, fish, hunt, and simply get away from city life. Lake House Restaurant and Lodge is host to our ever popular sulfur baths, which is great for your skin and has even proven to heal skin disorders and help relieve arthritis. There is plenty to do out here Richfield Springs, including a short drive to the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, or rent out a jet ski and explore Canadarago Lake. We also boast large out seating area, which is perfect for outdoor wedding or concerts. Hurry out to Lake House Restaurant and Lodge and stay awhile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake House Hotel Richfield Springs
- The Lake Hotel
- Lake Hotel Richfield Springs