A most interesting place. Located on a lake, this structure dates from 1843 and parts of it shows that. Beautiful property with a large stage set up for special events near the water. The docks are dilapidated with a number of old Chris-Craft power boats tied up to them. The building and rooms are old but adequate. Rooms are small. A common area has a comfy sofa and lots of books to peruse. We had dinner in the restaurant. The dinner menu was expensive, so we asked and received a lunch menu. We ordered from that without any protest from the server. No breakfast available, we were off season. This hotel fills up with parents who's little ones are off at baseball camp in nearby Cooperstown. Because of age, this is not the cleanest place, but ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lake House is a charming and historic inn located on the shores of Canadarago Lake, 15 minutes from Cooperstown. Resembling the Great Camps of the Adirondacks, it is a relaxing place for lunch/dinner on the lake and to stay while in Baseball Country. Consider the Lake House for a family reunion, corporate retreat or romantic vacation. Also available is a private lakeside cottage with dock space. Great fishing, sunsets, weekly rates. Astonishingly affordable. Check out our newest performance stage! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Kognitiv US Corp so you can book your The Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake House Hotel Richfield Springs
- The Lake Hotel
- Lake Hotel Richfield Springs