Do Not Be Confused! You may think you are booking at The Lake House only to find out you are at The Baseball Hotel. The week of June 29 to July 4, my grandson was invited to play at All Star Village, Cooperstown with his former team. This was a last minute invitation and thus there was not much time to plan. Rooms at reasonable rates were hard to find. Thus, I found myself at the Baseball Hotel. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I will keep commentary here short. The building is old and the place looks far more like a rooming house than a hotel. The wooden floors did not appear to have been cleaned recently. I was thankful for the one bar of soap and mismatched towels. After one night, I left and found much more traveler friendly accommodations. $125 per night is way overpriced! I would not ever recommend the Hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lake House is a charming and historic inn located on the shores of Canadarago Lake, 15 minutes from Cooperstown. Resembling the Great Camps of the Adirondacks, it is a relaxing place for lunch/dinner on the lake and to stay while in Baseball Country. Consider the Lake House for a family reunion, corporate retreat or romantic vacation. Also available is a private lakeside cottage with dock space. Great fishing, sunsets, weekly rates. Astonishingly affordable. Check out our newest performance stage! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your The Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake House Hotel Richfield Springs
- The Lake Hotel
- Lake Hotel Richfield Springs