We didn't stay at the Lake House; we stayed at the Baseball Hotel, part of the same business, located at 10 Gould Avenue in the center of Richfield Springs, which is about a 25-minute drive north of Cooperstown. The pluses: We could get a room there at the last minute in late August, when pretty much every other hotel in the Cooperstown area was sold out. It was cheaper than any place nearer to Cooperstown, or in Cooperstown. And it was acceptably clean & secure. The minuses: There was not a lot of space to maneuver around the bed in our room. (I live in an apartment, so I'm used to tight spaces.) And the free breakfast was underwhelming. We went to the Tally-Ho diner instead. I'm not saying don't stay here; I'm saying keep your expectations in check.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House Restaurant and Lodge was built in 1843 and rests on the shores of Canadarago. The lodge and restaurant are a secluded haven for those looking for a place to relax, fish, hunt, and simply get away from city life. Lake House Restaurant and Lodge is host to our ever popular sulfur baths, which is great for your skin and has even proven to heal skin disorders and help relieve arthritis. There is plenty to do out here Richfield Springs, including a short drive to the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, or rent out a jet ski and explore Canadarago Lake. We also boast large out seating area, which is perfect for outdoor wedding or concerts. Hurry out to Lake House Restaurant and Lodge and stay awhile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake House Hotel Richfield Springs
- The Lake Hotel
- Lake Hotel Richfield Springs