We rented the Cabin by the lake and my sister's family, one of the rooms in the main house
There is no check-in process at the Lake House which was the first thing that seemed strange, and no room keys. So your possessions are not secure while you're away. Although you can lock you door by the handle when inside, there was no functional deadbolt on our entrance door at the cabin by the lake. The owner informed us he had no keys to provide.
The water is not treated and the smell of sulfer is overpowering. I beleive that might be the sewage smell a previous reviewer referred to.
We ate at the restaurant the first night and found hair embeded in the complementary bread. When we went for their "free" breakfast the next morning, which is only served between 8 and 9 AM, two of the 4 plates came out with hair on them.
The rooms we not cleaned thoroughly with dog hair on bedspreads and spider webs and cob webs everywhere we looked. We found MOUSE DROPPINGS next to one of the beds as well as in one of the kitchen cabinet drawers. The refrigerator was full of partially used items and their were many personal items belonging to the owners, we presume, found all over the cabin.
The pathway from the cabin to the main house was not lite at night and junk is stored everywhere around the property.
We since learned the place is up for sale, so it explains why there seems to be no concern for their guest's safety or comfort.
Although I paid for 3 nights, we left after 2, even though the 3rd night cost about $350 with tax. That's how disgusted and uncomfortable we were with our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake House Restaurant and Lodge was built in 1843 and rests on the shores of Canadarago. The lodge and restaurant are a secluded haven for those looking for a place to relax, fish, hunt, and simply get away from city life. Lake House Restaurant and Lodge is host to our ever popular sulfur baths, which is great for your skin and has even proven to heal skin disorders and help relieve arthritis. There is plenty to do out here Richfield Springs, including a short drive to the Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, or rent out a jet ski and explore Canadarago Lake. We also boast large out seating area, which is perfect for outdoor wedding or concerts. Hurry out to Lake House Restaurant and Lodge and stay awhile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Lake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lake House Hotel Richfield Springs
- The Lake Hotel
- Lake Hotel Richfield Springs