“Very comfortable stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The bed at the HGI was a revelation- so comfortable! I enjoyed the pool and whirlpool- just be aware that it is not entirely a salt water pool, and still uses chlorine. The fitness center is small but perefectly adequate. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Laura O,
Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review on TripAdvisor about the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY. I'm glad to see you had fun and took advantage aof all the amenities the hotel has to offer. We look forward to serving you in the future and if you need any assistance with future bookings, please contact me personally.

Brian J. Mauro

I just wanted to address the concern about the Salt Water Pool - According to the (NSPF) National Swimming Pool Foundation we are considered a Salt Water Pool and Spa. As you may or may not know, salt itself is not a disinfectant and chlorine is. Our pool uses an "In-Line Generator" which changes salt to free chlorine by a process called electrolysis. The cell contais plates that are electronically charged by the generators power supply. So in actuality, we do not store or add chlorine to the pool at any time, just salt.

Reference - National Swimming Pool Foundation - Pool & Spa Operator Handbook - 2014
pg 56 and 110.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Across the street to the outlet mall, great staff, and ample parking. Be prepared for very high bar and restaurant prices, maybe that is indicative of the Long Island experience. Very easy access on and off the expressway.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Phillip M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor for the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY. I'm so glad to see that overall your stay was relaxing and productive. We look forward to seeing you back in the future. If there is anything I can do to assist you with future bookings, please call me personally.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I decided to stay overnight here instead of in Montauk. We went to Montauk for the day, went to the beach, ate lunch, etc. And when we were tired of that, we headed back toward Riverhead to this hotel. Hotel is clean, rooms are comfortable, and breakfast the next morning was fine. We're actually going to stay here again In October 2014 for a family wedding on the North Fork. I believe the hotel has transportation to the wineries in the area. The hotel is also across the street from the Tanger outlets, so it's easy to get some shopping done while you're there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear MrsMylo,
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor for the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY. We take great pride in our service and clean and comfortable accomodations as well as our Food and Beverage offerings. We look forward to your return in October and if there is anything that I can assist you with prior to your return, do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was directed to this place by some relatives who were getting married. It certainly wouldn't have been my first choice, as I have stayed on Long Island before, and enjoyed it. The majority of the problems with this place are design issues that the people running the place could not fix.

First off. The Good. -the staff...very professional and the customer service was great. the Bartender was extremely personable, and our bus driver, Gerard, was great on the outbound leg to the wedding. The same could not be said for the return trip, as the other driver seemed oblivious to the many remarks that the bus was stifling-maybe the AC wasn't working.

The room was clean, and the high-count sheets made for a comfortable night's sleep.
Loved the Keurig coffeemaker.

The Bad. Getting there: To get to this place, you have a choice. The road forks, and if you take the Right fork, you then have to turn left on to a side road that takes you through the labyrinthine trails of the nearest Outlet mall, and then doubling back and making a left turn. .
If you take the Left, then you have to make a 'U' turn by way of the Walmart parking lot!! Seriously!
NOW! If you wish to go into the town, you have to turn RIGHT, and go up the road about a mile and a half, THEN do a 'U' turn, driving past the hotel once again.

The Room. Whoever designed the doors must have had a degree in interior design from a college, and should ask for a refund on the tuition. I walked in to the room while my partner had just entered the bathroom. The doors collided! 4 foot doors don't work back-to-back.

Add to that the elevators- one was not working all weekend and there was a printed sign that said 'Out Order' on the door (I guess the repairman and the proof reader had the weekend off).

The Air conditioning unit was quite noisy, and nothing like anything I have heard in other Hiltons.

And the Ice machine. Again, some designer came up with the idea that the machine should only be on one floor. The second. I was on the third and getting ice in the middle of the night meant getting dressed and going down on the one available elevator. My bill for 3 nights came to over $750, and I REALLY think that they could come up with a small fridge with ice trays.

I didn't take advantage of the Breakfast buffet. For just over 13 bucks you got the normal fare that comes free at 'lesser' hotels, eggs, small sausages etc. . My partner and I did the 'U' turn and managed to find some healthier fare down the road.

Frankly, the decor was the same as I have seen in a couple of competitors hotels, for about half the price. I understand it's on Long island, but this place is sub-par. In my job, I teach Branding and Marketing at a college level, and so I seriously think that this place should be re-done as a Hampton Inn. It certainly doesn't embellish my opinion of a Hilton.

Room Tip: Get on the second floor if you need Ice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chicagoman8
Brian M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Chicagoman8,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor for the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY and sharing your experience with us. I would like to thank you for the kind words about our service and staff. I will be sure to share that with them as I know they appreciate the positive feedback. I want apologize that the remainder of your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback about the those aspects as well.
If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

quality wa 3 star perhaps,internet low[weak],1 broken elevator out of only 2 for entire weekend,no hot water or pressure in shower,uncomfortable bed,room service never came to clean our room for 7 hours? no towels etc service was motel standard at best for a hilton it was substandard

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tina L

Dear Tina L,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY. . Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. I believe that you have filled out a survey with the hotel and I have responded back to your personal e-mail. Please contact me personally if there is any additional assistance I may provide.

631-727-2733

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had to wait at check-in, keys didn't work, waited 28 minutes in a non-busy restaurant and still did not have my omelet, had to ask the front desk if someone was going to seat us in the restaurant as the sign said, was not asked about my stay and paid over $250. So not worth it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank busdriver1369
HGIRiverhead, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for reaching out to us to share your experience via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for our missteps in service, and for the frustration you faced with long wait times. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and welcome you to contact our offices directly if we may be of any additional assistance.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Handicap room was too small. Could have used more room to move around. Usually handicap rooms are very roomy. The bed was too high. Had to complain to manager twice before she had them lower the bed. Waiter forgot my dinner order and I had to wait extra long for my food. But he made good on my order.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ann T C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor for the Hilton Garden Inn - Riverhead, NY. I'm glad to see by your scores that your overall stay was positive and that if something was out of place, my staff was able to correct it. I do remember you and recieving the call about lowering the bed in your room. Just to make sure, we measured to make sure we were at the correct ADA requirement. If you decide to ventrue back to Riverhead, please call me personally and I will make sure to have everything ready for your stay. Again, we thank you for your review.

Brian J. Mauro

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Bay Watch Hotel & Marina
Bay Watch Hotel & Marina
#5 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead? Share your experiences!