“Delighted!”

Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The majority of my "frequent traveler points" are with another chain, and so when I needed to make a reservation on my company's travel website, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed when the "preferred" (= mandatory) hotel that it pointed me to was a Hyatt property.
But upon arrival, all of my disappointment vanished! It is a beautiful hotel (that the locals tell me was built in just the past couple of years). My room is spacious--more like a suite really--with a sectional sofa/sitting area, two queen beds and a nicely appointed bathroom and dressing area.
There is also a fridge for keeping some drinks and leftovers cold. Very handy.
The beds are comfortable and there is plenty of good lighting throughout the space. (No separate make-up mirror but the lighting is good in the dressing area and so I really didn't need one.)
There is a decent --and complimentary--buffet in the morning and some type of food and drink available 24/7, including Starbucks coffee for those of you who are fans!
Other on-site food/drink includes a riverside cafe/"Tiki Bar" but I did not visit that so cannot comment further.
The room is quiet--even with the AC running! (A big plus!!) I had a room on the river side of the hotel so had very nice views!
Parking directly on the property is limited, but they have a lot directly across the street. There is an Aquarium on one side of the hotel and a restaurant/bar specializing in seafood next door ("JErry and the Mermaid??"). I ordered take-out and it was "OK," but would probably not go back there if I was staying longer or make a return trip in the future. Their menus says that they deliver to the hotel for a $25 minimum order, but when I attempted to do that, he said that because I was paying with credit card, I would have to come pick it up as they do not take credit cards over the phone. So, the rule really seems to be delivery with a $25 minimum and Cash only.
All in all, I was very pleased that my company travel site steered me here. It was a better price---and a quieter and more scenic view-- than the other hotel where I have my "points." Based on my experience, I would absolutely recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for the River Side
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Steven S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Long Island East End, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear MsBizz48,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a thorough review of our property. You reviewed many great topics and I am pleased that you were able to have an enjoyable stay. As stated in your review we are the newest hotel in the area and offer a prime location for many local attractions and restaurants. We value your feedback as it helps with our goal of continuously improving our customer service. Thanks again for your comments and hopefully you can return soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here for one night and use it as the base to explore the north fork of Long Island. If you are coming from NYC, this hotel's location is great. We drove to Mattituck and Greenport first, then came back to check into the hotel for the night. The next day, we visited the aquarium next door (which is surprisingly fun) before heading back to the city.

The rooms are decent in size and cleanliness. The pool and free breakfast are very convenient if you are traveling with little kids. The hotel staff even gave me free milk to help my son fall asleep.

The only thing to note is that the suite doesn't have a separate bedroom. There is a sitting area, but it is only partially separated from the bed by a divider.

Room Tip: Harbor view room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear puccipuppy,

From the looks of your review it seems like you set yourself up with a very nice vacation to the East End of Long Island. Our location in-between the north and south forks allow guests to stay with us and easily access the best that both forks have to offer. You had mentioned your preference of having the room divided more and if you come stay again I recommend booking two of our connecting rooms. Plenty of families prefer this arrangement as it allows easy access but also provided more privacy. Thank you very much for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Did not expect much from this hotel and were so pleasantly suprised ! The room we had was so huge !!! living area with a large corner sofa and large screen tv and two double beds as requested. It was a corner room and we had a number of windows with views of the water ways and the boats. The room was very clean and modern. The hotel feels very news. The staff is very helpful and recommended a great restaurant. Very good value.

Room Tip: This room is shown on the website and looks even better and larger in real life...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear vmdUk,

Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback about our facility. You were completely correct with your statement about the size of our rooms. We receive positive feedback on a continuous basis about the size and amenities offered in our guestrooms. The rooms that face the Peconic River and Treasure Cove Resort Marina offer breathtaking views and I am pleased you were able to experience it. It was a pleasure hosting you in our hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here for three nights to explore the Hamptons and the North Fork. It turned out the hotel rate was the same as the Priceline rate so we could as well have booked directly. Anyway, the breakfast was really good, free parking was a nice thing to have, and the room was spotless. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: harbor view (East facing) is nice but not required
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Qwerty999
Steven S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Long Island East End, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Qwerty999,

Thank you for your recent review of our Property. I am pleased that you were able to have an enjoyable stay with us while exploring the Hamptons and North Fork. If you are looking for more ideas to further enjoy the area I recommend you visit our website and look at some of the great hotel packages that we offer. Again thank you for your feedback and we hope to host you in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Very helpful staff - from front desk to maid service
Very clean rooms
Lack of bar and restuarant.
Breakfast setup was above average.
Watch for price changes in room rates --- Weds price was 50% of Sat. stay.

Room Tip: Get a view of the water in the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CzarofMoscow
Steven S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Long Island East End, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear CzarofMoscow,

I am pleased that all of our Hotel staff was very helpful. We have just opened the Sea Side Grill for the season which is located behind our Hotel. If you have the opportunity to visit us again I recommend you try out our restaurant and bar. Thanks again for your response and hopefully we will see you soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

What a wonderful experience and a perfect location. Hyatt Place East End is conveniently located next to the Long Island Aquarium in downtown Riverhead. The staff is so professional and the rooms are immaculate. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear L K,

Thank you for sharing your experience of our facility with the tripadvisor community. We know how important it is to have a clean and enjoyable hotel to stay in when traveling. I will be sure to share your experience with our staff and hopefully you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely 2 nights here . The room was comfortable and clean and a fridge in the room was handy, staff were all very helpful and even upgraded us to a marina view room which was lovely . Breakfast each morning was very nice and even had some hot options. A nice bonus to have breakfast included. Also the town is a very short stroll and several restaurants are nearby within walking distance. We loved this hotel and would definitely return

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Michelle J,

We are pleased that you were able to enjoy your two nights in our Hotel. With all of the things to do in and around our facility I am sure you now know you could stay here a week and still not try everything. If you do come back over the summer I recommend you taking advantage of our complimentary shuttle that provides transportation to a beach, shopping, Water Park and winery. We also have bikes, canoes kayaks and stand up paddleboards to rent right on site. Again thanks for the review and hopefully we will host you in our hotel again soon.

Steve Shauger

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Baron's Cove
Baron's Cove
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor

Been to Hyatt Place Long Island East End? Share your experiences!