The majority of my "frequent traveler points" are with another chain, and so when I needed to make a reservation on my company's travel website, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed when the "preferred" (= mandatory) hotel that it pointed me to was a Hyatt property.
But upon arrival, all of my disappointment vanished! It is a beautiful hotel (that the locals tell me was built in just the past couple of years). My room is spacious--more like a suite really--with a sectional sofa/sitting area, two queen beds and a nicely appointed bathroom and dressing area.
There is also a fridge for keeping some drinks and leftovers cold. Very handy.
The beds are comfortable and there is plenty of good lighting throughout the space. (No separate make-up mirror but the lighting is good in the dressing area and so I really didn't need one.)
There is a decent --and complimentary--buffet in the morning and some type of food and drink available 24/7, including Starbucks coffee for those of you who are fans!
Other on-site food/drink includes a riverside cafe/"Tiki Bar" but I did not visit that so cannot comment further.
The room is quiet--even with the AC running! (A big plus!!) I had a room on the river side of the hotel so had very nice views!
Parking directly on the property is limited, but they have a lot directly across the street. There is an Aquarium on one side of the hotel and a restaurant/bar specializing in seafood next door ("JErry and the Mermaid??"). I ordered take-out and it was "OK," but would probably not go back there if I was staying longer or make a return trip in the future. Their menus says that they deliver to the hotel for a $25 minimum order, but when I attempted to do that, he said that because I was paying with credit card, I would have to come pick it up as they do not take credit cards over the phone. So, the rule really seems to be delivery with a $25 minimum and Cash only.
All in all, I was very pleased that my company travel site steered me here. It was a better price---and a quieter and more scenic view-- than the other hotel where I have my "points." Based on my experience, I would absolutely recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Place Long Island/East End is located on the waterfront in the heart of downtown Riverhead and adjacent to the Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center and Atlantis Banquets & Events. The Hyatt Place Long Island/East End combines style and innovations to create a completely new hotel experience. An experience that offers an array of services and features designed to meet the evolving needs of today's travelers, ensuring you feel more relaxed, productive and fulfilled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hyatt Place Long Island East End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Long Island East End Hotel Riverhead
- Hyatt Place Long Island East End Riverhead, New York