“Great burgers and beer”

Digger's
Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Riverhead
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I really like the burgers here. There are a lot of beer choices as I believe they get their beer from the micro brewery next door. The menu has a lot of choices. I find the service to be just okay.

2  Thank teachin4ever

Reviewed 14 July 2014

First of all this is def. a local bar atmosphere. Lots of locals at the bar, but always a friendly place. The steak sandwich is delicious paired with a beer. Try it! Simple food good prices.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We rarely eat out in Riverhead but last Sunday was an exception. We visited Diggers in the afternoon and really enjoyed it. It was not crowded when we entered and the greeter gave us our choice of tables. We sat by the TV's so we could watch sports.

We started with a basket of onion rings and an appetizer platter of chicken fingers and potato skins as well as mozzarella sticks. Our boys had a large cheeseburger with fries and a chicken sandwich with cheese and fries. My wife had the roast beef with the French dip and my Mom had a rueben sandwich. I had a side salad and penne ala vodka with grilled chicken. None of us had dessert as we all had leftovers which we took home.

As we were leaving we noticed that the place was full and a slight line had developed at the door. This is always a good sign as it usually means the locals like the place. The atmosphere is typical Irish pub. The price of the meal for a party of 5 with leftovers was very good. They also have a brew pub next store which we will try to visit next time without the kids. I tried one of the local ambers with my meal and enjoyed that as well.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Cool place with good food and an awesome selection of beers. We always stop here when we are in Riverhead

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Eat there twice -- great ribs and great service
Prices very fair for food and drinks
Large selection on menu