“STRAIGHT OUT OF A HORROR MOVIE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Greenview Inn

Greenview Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Riverhead
“STRAIGHT OUT OF A HORROR MOVIE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

For your own safety stay away from this place. The pictures and reviews on priceline were so misleading! We pulled up and our mouths dropped. There were prostitutes with their doors open and were looking at us as we pulled up. There were a lot of shady characters roaming around. My husband made me stay in the car with locked doors as he tried to get our money back. When he returned, he informed me the place was even worse inside and falling apart. My husband paid priceline nearly $300 only to find out it was $65 a night. Priceline refused to give us our money as did the "Inn" because they said it was a legal binding contract. We were not going to put our family in jeopardy so we left. Needless to say, we high tailed it out of there and luckily rented a room at the Marriott 20 miles away. Every hotel was in the area was booked for labor day weekend but at least were staying some place nice and most importantly safe!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank travelinggirl25610

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Long Island, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Along with the 2 other hotels in Riverhead I've reviewed I had to be fair and mention this one as well. It's yet another haven for crack smokers and those who appear to not have showered for quite some time. Dirty, smelly....on the flip side management is very nice and kind. The kind of place you fear may give you bedbugs, scabies, etc. Couldn't pay me to stay here.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TellinItLikeItIs4u

Travellers are raving about these Riverhead hotels

Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

This Inn was smelly, dirty, and I worried about bed bugs and roaches the entire three days I was there. In my room, I could smell rotting wood with the air conditioner on and even when I opened the window. Nothing got rid of the smell! Also, I noticed there were people hanging around all hours of the day and night. They seem to live there and were noisy. I would not recommend this place to my enemy! The Board of Health should not only close down the dirty pool there but this motel as well. I was so disapoointed in the condition of the room; the bed linen wasn't fresh and the room was DUSTY with cob webs here and there!!! I was told there wasn't a refund but checked out very early to get away from this place. FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank kimberly m
Cedarhurst, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

OMG, we pulled in to the cheapest motel in Riverhead for a long weekend. When we booked, the website indicated there were river views...um no.

We pulled in to essecially a dirty chinese restaurant. If you can visualize that. With the marble facade, but everything was filthy.

They gave us the key to our room and we parked in front of it (because it is a motel and the doors to your room are on the outside) and walked in. It was disGUSTING. There was a kitchenette and it reeked. I walked into the bathroom and there was black mold in the shower, I wanted to vomit.

I sent my husband to the front desk, because he is much more diplomatic than I am, to see if he could get our money back. He was gone for about 5 minutes and I couldn't stand there anymore. I walked into the reception area, and tried to remain calm while the owner was telling him, in broken english, that we weren't going to get our money back. Basically telling us, what did we expect for the money we were spending. How about a CLEAN ROOM! That's when I lost it (I'm a hot headed irish/italian and when I get a bone I don't let go).

Needless to say, we were "upgraded" to a "nicer" room which was slightly cleaner and did not have a kitchenette in it, although the floor was soft in one spot.

We figured were weren't going to be in the room for much else to sleep and if we weren't going to get our money back this was better than nothing.

Heed my warning, pay the extra money and stay ANYWHERE else.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank tla818
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

The toilet had feces in it when we got there. The owner refused to move us and just flushed the toilet himself. It was the filthiest, darkest, dingiest motel ever imaginable. I smelled a bad odor coming from the bed; I lefted the covers to look at the mattress and was horrified to find that it was full of rotting stains like it was brought in from a dumpster of a hospital.
After staying there, I caught a serious bronchial disease and suffered for 3 months. The board of health needs to shut this place down. Please don't stay here if you care about your health!!!!

• Stayed June 2010
9 Thank Lois1000
Astoria, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

It was awful. We would have been better off staying right down the road in the local prison. Everything these negative reviews say is true. The stairs to the second floor were rotted and collapsing. There was a big pile of junk next to the empty disgusting rotting pool. The room was smelly and filthy. The bed was decent, but who knows when the sheets were changed last. The toilet didn't flush very well and the only plunger was at the front desk and they made me come down to get it myself. The TV was old and the remote was held together by electrical tape. The air conditioner had been set to 'warm' and the temperature knob had been removed so we had to open up the air conditioner and use our own pliers to actually adjust it. Couldn't have been worse.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank jakedeg
Northeast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

We had a reservation at the Budget Host, they could not honor our reservation due to overbooking and they moved us to the Greenview Inn.

The place is filthy, run down, dump! Carpets were filthy, windows, doors, walls did nothing to block the noise.

Rooms are noisy, near a road that has traffic all night, cars leaving at all hours I assume from one nights stands, owner has two dogs on first floor that bark at 6:00am.

It appears to be a monthly rental type of hotel with low income families staying there.

Light switch didn't work when you enter the room, 2 of 3 light bulbs in bathroom light were installed with an open live socket.

The only thing this place is missing is a gallon of gasoline and a match.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Ultramax12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hotel Indigo East End
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Inn at East Wind
The Inn at East Wind
#1 of 2 in Wading River

Been to Greenview Inn? Share your experiences!