“No Bible in the room.”

Holiday Inn Express East End
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Riverhead
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here for three nights. They charged extra for a refrigerator. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was good but real eggs would be a big improvement. There was some vandalism with cars broken into in the parking lot at night. I was very disappointed that Holiday Inn no longer allows a Bible to be placed by the Gideons in the dresser. When I asked at the front desk, they told me they have the Bibles stored "downstairs." I'm assuming they were in the basement since we were on the ground floor. The whole point of providing a Bible is for it to be easily accessible for those in need. In the future, I will avoid all hotels that have a policy to not place the Bibles in the rooms when they have been given the Bibles for free by groups like the Gideons. Bring back the Bibles Holiday Inn! Please don't store them in your basement!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
13  Thank roberta f
eastendhotels23, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express East End, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Good morning! Thank you for your review of the facility! We value your feedback! Please know that bibles are available upon request. If you will be visiting our property in the future, please let us know and we will be more than happy to place a bible in your room prior to arrival. As always, we thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express.
Debbie Mahony,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding. Deborah at the front desk was very accommodating as we arrived from the airport in the morning and she let us into our rooms by noon. Rooms were very clean and the beds comfortable but this is still just a Holiday Inn Express...no onsite bar/lounge or restaurant, although there is a Wild Wings just across the parking lot as well as other shops. There is a complimentary breakfast which was satisfactory. The little breakfast hostess was working so hard to make sure everything was clean, which was difficult because as soon as she wiped up a spill a child would make another mess and she had to clean that up....on and on. Whatever she is paid isn't enough for that aggravation. While nice, the rate was WAY over what a hotel of this type should command. I know it is Long Island and I know it is convenient to the Hamptons, but really...over $400 a night? Other hotels in the area are equally expensive. I paid half this amount while staying at the Marriott in Waikiki and it was oceanfront!! Overall, a great staff working hard to make sure the guests have a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
eastendhotels23, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express East End, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the property. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express East End! All of our staff work diligently to ensure our guests are satisfied. Thank you again for your comments. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I booked this hotel because (supposedly) it was "dog friendly." Their website clearly said one dog, $50 non-refundable charge, there were other details, that did not apply since we were not leaving the dog unattended in the room BUT the website did not mention size anywhere in it's pet's policy. I called the hotel directly (ahead) to let them know I was bringing a dog (again no mention of size.) When I arrived (dog in car) I registered and was given a paper to sign that my dog was under 50 lbs. I won't mention here how large my dog is, but since I had no plans of sleeping in the car, and being out almost $200, I signed it. But, I was furious. I also found my room was next to ice maker. What genius puts a dog in a room next to ice maker. Even the best dogs bark when they hear strange noise so close by. The hotel was a hotel. Clean, maintained, etc. But I could not be more disappointed in what they consider "dog friendly." If they don't want bigger dogs..so be it..they need to state that policy on their website.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bettenan
eastendhotels23, Manager at Holiday Inn Express East End, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Good afternoon! Thank you for taking the time to submit review! We apologize for the misunderstanding in regards to the size of the pets allowed at the facility. We will be sure to update the information to the best of our ability to avoid any further incurrences going forward. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a nice hotel and it's location is good.However I was staying in the front facing the road and the road noise is constant and noticeable .My guess is , you should ask for a room in the back.There is an outdoor pool which wasn't open when we were there and the hotel is next to a strip mall with a Christmas Tree Shop ,Buffalo Wild Wings and a supermarket.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank enteNewJersey
eastendhotels23, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express East End, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We appreciate your comments and suggestions! As always we thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nice courteous staff. Front desk was very helpful and answered questions we had about directions to different locations we had to go to. Hotel was well maintained and our room was very clean. Breakfast was good. Very nice dining room. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon! Thank you for submitting your review! Our front desk staff takes pride in providing excellent service to our guests in order to ensure a pleasant stay! Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express for you lodging needs. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I chose to stay in this hotel for 3 nights because I am a Priority Club member. The hotel is very well situated, easy to find with a good location. I attended a family event for one day and I was only 15 minutes away. I also visited friends on the other day on the North Fork. The staff at this hotel is very friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed the breakfast offered each day. I loved the size of the room with 2 queen beds and a sitting area with a sofa and table with chairs. I especially appreciated the small fridge and microwave with a small sink. There was even dishwashing liquid provided - a first ever in a hotel. This was handy because there is a food market behind the hotel and we could prepare our own snacks and meals. I didn't shop there but the outlet stores are very nearby.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room. It was provided even though the hotel was totally sold out for the weeke...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
eastendhotels23, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express East End, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Good morning! The Holiday Inn Express would like to thank you for taking the time so submit such a wonderful review of our faciltity! The housekeepimg and front desk staff take pride in ensuring the property is well maintained and our guests have a very memorable experience! Thank you for being a loyal IHG rewards member! You feedback is always welcome! Please be sure to visit should you happen to be in the area! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were in Oktober 2013 in this Hotel,it was not realy ok, the bathroom not clean,
we ordert a quiet room but it was in front of the mainstreet,the breakfast was bad,no fresh bread,
and the personal wasn`t realy friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rolf k
eastendhotels23, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express East End, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for submitting your review. We apologize your stay at our property was not up to your expectations. We do strive to ensure our guests are comfortable and satisfied in all aspects of during their stay. Again we thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.
Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Bay Watch Hotel & Marina
Bay Watch Hotel & Marina
#5 of 12 in Hampton Bays
Residence Inn Long Island East End

Been to Holiday Inn Express East End? Share your experiences!