“A Riverhead Gem”

Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Riverhead
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: TWEED'S combines true local flavor with sophisticated cuisine in an atmosphere of comfort, warmth, courtesy and welcoming familiarity. The award winning staff and this beautiful establishment are proud to be the historical centerpiece of Riverhead's Main Street revival
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Always have an amazing meal at Tweeds. Cozy bar along with a warm and inviting atmosphere makes the dinner even more enjoyable. Definitely a good choice!

There are newer reviews for Tweeds Restaurant & Buffalo Bar

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We used to rent in the Hamptons as just out of college "groupies" and I had bad memories of Riverhead as the place where I failed my written driver's test and hitchhiked back to Westhampton Beach. Anyway, 40 some years later (and a fully licensed driver) we had the chance to revisit the town and meet with family at Tweeds, just up the street from the Hyatt Hotel and the Aquarium. We arrived a little early and had a drink at the bar. My vodka gimlet was perfect, but the local Chardonnay had that NYState wine sweetness which is not a favorite taste. The bartender was friendly and attentive, moving a lovely vase of lilacs closer to us and away from the couple who objected to the scent. Tweeds is small, cozy, historic, and friendly. The clientele was a mixture of locals and not, and the server was professional and knowledgable about the dishes. We started with a few apps for the table: baked clams and fried calamari. All were well prepared. For mains there were orders of bison burgers and lobster ravioli which received raves. The ladies shared a bottle of Sonoma Cutrer chard and the guys had some of the local beers which earned good reviews. Because we were dining with family and talking was the main attraction, we were not prepared to be impressed by the food but impressed we were! Also there was a talented singer/musician who added a lovely ambience while not drowning out our conversation. All in all a very pleasant dining experience in a restaurant we chose randomly for its proximity to family. We recommend highly and wish we lived closer...

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews on trip advisor. Came in, greeted by the hottest bartender, oh my!!!
Her raspy voice, I could sit here all night and just listen to her...sorry, sorry...about the food. Oh man!! I had the smoked duck salad with a balsamic reduction, fantastic!!!
Gianna, recommended the Bison Burger...locally grown and butchered...out of this world!!! She took care of me at the bar!! Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful people!!!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I recently ate at Tweeds on a visit after soem time in NYC, and entered to a very warm greeting from the waiting staff, and a local man at the bar recommended us the best table in the house. A bowl of steamers with butter dip, followed by a delicious bison steak (a first for me) with good and fairly priced wines, were as good as anything in NYC itself. Our waitress could not have been friendlier, giving recommendations for things to do in the area. It was so good, we ate there again the next day, which is something I would not normally do, but I was glad of another great experience there. If you're in the area, definitely give the place your custom.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I have been to Tweeds many times. It is ALWAYS excellent. I love the clubby atmosphere, but the best part is the food. Always very well prepared and I always feel like I am getting my money's worth. The wines by the glass offer good choices as well. It is easy to miss this place because the location is not prominent, but it is worth the effort to find it.