“You pays your money and you takes your choice.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Budget Host East End Hotel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Riverhead
Kettering, United Kingdom
“You pays your money and you takes your choice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

This place is in a reasonably good location for the hamptons etc. We are just having 48 hours here before getting the ferry over to new London for our new England road trip after flying into JFK.
It's reasonably priced if booked in advance, pretty clean and tidy, but old dated and a bit shabby.
Definatly try Codys grill and bbq bar on the high street tho, great food.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simon354

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for New Year Eve because we booked it at the last minute.. We wanted to go to outlet shopping and it was the only hotel available around the area. They didn't have enough heat from the central heater system and they had extra space heater in the room which it still didn't bring enough heat. Everything is old and needed to update soon. It is in the great location to many nice restaurants and outlets.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Riverhead hotels

Corryton, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

It was the nastiest place I've ever been unfortunate enough to stay at! We were in town for my son's wedding and it was the closest hotel to the wedding venue. We had to stay there because we had our dogs with us, so we could not stay at the hotel where the other guest stayed. It was not clean enough for my dogs! If I could have I would have spent the night in our car. The place was so dirty and smelly. I was really glad that I brought my own sheets, quilt, and pillows. I wish I had my towels since the towels that were provided were stained! The carpet was so dirty that I wouldn't walk on it with my bare feet. Just awful! The only thing that would help that hotel is either a match or a bulldozer!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Patricia L
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I was not expecting the best accommodations, but they certainly need to update the facility, and replacing the worn and dirty carpets in the hall and room, which would be a good start. The bathroom was also very dated and the door would not close properly.

Sintra, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

This hotel looks like it hasn't been updated in 50 years and the windows appear to have never been cleaned. It was noisy and we did not feel safe nor comfortable staying there. The rooms are dark and everything looks old and worn.

Room Tip: We had to stay there because of the many functions in the surrounding area and other hotels were alr...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sneeddy
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We were in town for the weekend to attend a wedding in South Hampton. We chose the Budget Host because it was close to the wedding location. Overall, we enjoyed out stay. Check in was easy and the place you check in is nice. The pool is fantastic. Very clean and perfect size. I enjoyed swimming. The room itself is very simple and outdated but it was clean. My only issue is the room smelled like cigarette smoke. I'm not sure if there are non-smoking rooms but I would ask when you book your room. House keeping took good care of the room. The bed was fine and loved the fact there was an AC unit in the room. There are security cameras all over the place which made us feel safe.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here. There are no bells and whistles. It's just a very simple and clean place to stay and it is very close to the Hamptons, restaurants, and beaches.

2 Thank Kerri K
new york
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We booked this hotel at last minute and there was only one room available. So I figured how bad could it be. I wanted to be able to go to Hamptons and Montauk on a budget. It is definitely not up there with any stars. It is a bed and a shower. That is all. There was peeling wallpaper. I checked the beds for bedbugs, but found none. Thank goodness. I would not go back there again. The clerk at desk was accommodating. I read other reviews and some were good and some bad, so I took my chances. Next time, I will plan ahead. It was close enough to the locations we wanted to visit, but that is all that I can say that was good about it. There weren't even fitted sheets, yet the a/c did work and the shower got hot eventually. Try another place if possible and spend the extra money.

Room Tip: All rooms seem the same
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hotel Indigo East End
#2 of 8 in Southampton
The Drake Inn
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Budget Host East End Hotel? Share your experiences!