“Outstanding ...”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Schenectady, New York
“Outstanding ...”
Reviewed 13 August 2011

If you need to stay in this area of Rochester, this is the place to do it. We were in town to see "The Romantics" at the Park Fest. The hotel and its rooms are very clean and comfortable. There is a lovely deck right on the river front. Mid-week they offer complimentary beer, Fingerlakes wines, soda and light dinner, not to mention a nice breakfast in the morning. We loved eating out on the deck and watching the ducks. The staff was super friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank LouieBB
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, 7 November 2014
Dear Guest-

Thank you for rating us! We are happy you LOVED your stay. Please feel free to visit us again in the future.

Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Baldwinsville
Reviewed 8 August 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A special thank you to Kay @ the front desk . We were thrilled with the accomodations. Our room was clean and comfortable. We will definately stay again.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Honey4155

Syracuse, New York, USA
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This stay was absolutely perfect! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the manager (Brian) made more than one apperance during our stay to make sure were had everything we could possibly want. The room was spotless and very comfortable. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimandKim25

Auburn, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I could not believe my eyes when I read that last review. My family and I recently stayed at this hotel and we were very pleased with our service. We did not plan to stay here, but the hotel we originally made reservations at booked out our room. The staff at the hotel were very pleasant and accommodating, and went out of their way to assist us. The manager Brian Potter assisted us and asked several times if he could be of assistance. He also was very pleasant to our children, and answered all of my inquisitive 6 year old daughter's questions. We will be back and would recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank maggie36-11

Montreal
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Hotel looks great with pool and jacuzzi. But my opinion is that it is poorly administrated. Rooms smell unclean, breakfast was missing milk a Coffey. Staff didn't seem to care. Walls are not sound proofed. Would never go back.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank andre1957
cwsphx, Manager at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
Hi andre1957 - I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay. We are working very hard to develop our team to deliver on our promise of great hotels guests love. I would love the opportunity to address your concerns and ensure you are feel that you have been well compensated for our short comings. Please giver me a call at 585-527-9110 - Brian M Potter. Thanks so much!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I've stayed in worse places, but there is nothing particularly nice about this place. I stayed two nights and had to call the front desk both nights to complain about the person in the room above me who sounded like they were dropping bowling balls on the floor for hours on end. The air conditioning unit was also relatively loud which did not help with the noise. Bed and pillows were also pretty uncomfortable. Free wifi is a nice bonus but it was pretty unreliable. Breakfast was pretty grim as well. Seemed to be relatively clean which I guess it the most important thing. I would stay elsewhere if you have options, but it would be okay in a pinch.

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank lk723
Hi lk723 - I am sorry to hear about the noise issues you experienced through your stay. I would also be interested in finding out what room you were staying in so we can ensure any HVAC issues have been addressed. We are working very hard to improve on all levels of service at the hotel and focusing on providing a great overall experience. I would love the opportunity to address any additional concerns you have and provide you with some priority club points for the inconvenience. Please feel free to give me a call at 585-527-9110 to discuss. Thanks so much - Brian M Potter
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The two men that worked at night were wonderful. Very friendly. We stayed at staybridge suites for 5 nights and only had housekeeping service done once. We were told that they wouldn't change our sheets. The worst experience was when I called the front desk on the day of check-out and asked for a late check out and was immediately told no. I explained both my 3yr old daughter and husband were up all night throwing up and we really needed a little more time. I was told 5 times no and when I asked to speak to a manager, he refused to get on the phone. Finally told they could give me thirty extra minutes and that's it.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Chris1028
Dear Guest-

Thank you for rating us! We are sorry that you had an issue. We are looking in to this. Please feel free to try us again in the future.