“Inspiring bit of history”

National Susan B. Anthony Museum & House
Ranked #6 of 149 things to do in Rochester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National Susan B. Anthony Museum & House shares the story of Susan B. Anthony's lifelong struggle to gain voting rights for women and equal rights for all. We keep her vision alive and relevant by preserving and sharing Anthony's National Historic Landmark home; collecting artifacts and research materials directly related to her life and work; and making these resources available to the public through tours, publications, the internet, and interpretive programs. Come visit us today!
Reviewed 22 August 2010

I had an excellent time at the SBA house. I had a couple of hours at the end of my stay, and was running a few minutes late. I called and the staff made sure I got into the last tour of the day.

Apparently finding a cab is REALLY difficult, so ask your hotel shuttle for a ride or book your airport cab well in advance. I lucked out that the hotel shuttle was able to pick me up after not getting a cab ride that could pick me up on time for my flight. (Almost everything is close to the airport there.)

1  Thank dudegrrl
in 12 reviews
"equality"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 1 September 2009

The Susan Anthony House is very small and unpretentious compared to the Eastman House on the other side of town. You take a guided tour through the house and learn the history of woman's suffrage and how a few women were able to change things for all even though they were ridiculed by the press. She was very inspirational and you really get a sense of her life through the tour. The tour took about 40 minutes.

2  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 21 May 2008

We currently traveled to Susan B. Anthony's House with our Cadette Girl Scout troop. The girls range from 11 to 13 years old. I expected a full day of eyes rolling and heavy sighs. I was pleasantly supprised to say the girls loved the tour so much they would go back in an instant. The tour operator Anne Callanan kept the girls attention the entire tour. What a wonderful learning experience for all of us. Thank You Anne!

2  Thank pilzsap