“Good price, clean, and quiet”
Review of Towpath Motel

Towpath Motel
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My girlfriend and I were just staying for one night as she had a flight out of the Rochester airport at 5:30am in the morning. The Motel was conveniently close to the airport. Our room was clean and smelled okay when we arrived. The staff was friendly and helpful. I noticed that they offered free HBO and when I turned on the TV, HBO did not come in. I went to the front desk and asked the manager which channel was HBO? He told me it was channel 15. When I returned to my room and turned the TV to channel to 15, HBO still did not come in. But just a couple minutes later the manager called our room to tell me that HBO was on. I turned to channel 15 and sure enough HBO was on! The TV was new also, a nice flat screen. The furniture and carpet seemed nice enough, the bathroom was serviceable and the bed was comfortable and allowed us to get a good amount of sleep. The Towpath Motel was perfect for our purposes: clean, quiet, close to the airport and a very good price. I would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor in a non-smoking room. It was quiet and smelled fine
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
towpathmotel, Owner at Towpath Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Towpath Motel

Reviewed 27 August 2012

The Towpath Motel was everything we needed: shower, beds, and wifi. It was relatively inexpensive, the place was clean, the managers on duty were both strange and hilarious, and the one night we stayed there went just fine. On the other hand, we were stuck in a smoking room which smelt terrible, the shower inadvertently filled up the bathtub giving us a foot bath at the same time, and the continental breakfast was just bananas. If I had to go back to Rochester again, I might consider the Towpath. Maybe. However, if you have stayed there before and you let them know in advance that you are returning, they will apparently give you a bit of a discount. I guess it all really depends on how nice of a place you want while in Rochester.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I had stayed at this motel years ago and it was 'okay' then and convenient to relatives.
1. There was no record of my reservation which had been completed through the hotel itself.
2. While I was eventually registering, a 'lady of the afternoon' was registered with cash and no identification.
3. The 'non smoking' room smelled of smoke and so did the alternative room.
4. I put a chair under the doorknob as there was no bolt or sliding lock to keep someone from kicking the door in.
5. The bathroom was not totally cleaned.
Get the picture?

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The room was clean and adequate for the money. Only slept there. Only had difficulty with wifi,resolved on the last night of my stay. The manager was pleasant and helpful. I would use this motel again as it was close to one of my family members.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The building itself needs some major TLC but the room was very clean and the bed comfortable. Good price and value. Internet reception was very poor and that was a big disappointment. Breakfast was very minimal as well. Good place to stay if your just passing through.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Good value. AC eventually cooled the room. Wi-fi signal too weak for smartphone although the owner insisted the router was on the roof above the room. To be fair he did offer to move us to a second floor room to be closer to the router.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank DaveRhona
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My family and I just stayed for my sons graduation from Nazareth and we had a great stay. The manager was very helpful with directions and local places to eat. The rooms are older but it looks like they are making small improvements. Ask for a room on the second floor as the balcony provides for a nice breeze and view of neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Paul R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Comfort Inn Rochester Monroe Avenue
Quality Inn Rochester Airport
Radiance Inn And Suites
Radiance Inn And Suites
#27 of 29 in Rochester
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rochester-Pittsford/Brighton, NY
Holiday Inn Express Rochester - University Area
Extended Stay America - Rochester - Greece

Been to Towpath Motel? Share your experiences!