Towpath Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsstay there againroom was cleanflat screenking bedfridgekeurigiron
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Very weird check in. The person on duty sat inside on the steps and cracked open a window to talk to us. The main part of the room was ok, fairly clean, but the bathroom was another story. There were hairs on the tiles in the shower. Mildew and mold on the grout and shower curtain. Toilet and sink were not clean either. No water pressure in the shower. The sink drained very slowly. Gross. Didn't want to touch anything.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 11 September 2012

JIM S. SAYS THIS HOTEL IS DIRTY AND FILTHY. I DISAGREE WITH EVERYTHING THIS GUY SAYS.

I am out of town for work and have a budget to live on and besides JIM S the reviews were all good so I thought I would check it out.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well kept the single king room that I paid for was kept up.
Quiet neighborhood, very clean room, comfy bed and a hot shower.

Couldnt ask for more for the price.

I will definetly stay here the next time I am in the area.

Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank christoj1969
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We were promised a 2 star hotel similar to Holiday Inn or Ramada by Priceline but were given this motel which is far from a clean 2-star hotel. First, you have to check in at a window where you slide your money under -- right at the parking lot, you don't even go into a lobby. The person taking the money was wearing pajamas and no shoes. The paint on the exterior is peeling, the building is filthy, there are shady characters hanging out in the parking lot, and it's certainly not family friendly. They have weekly rates for homeless people. We would urge you to find ANYPLACE else besides this hotel for a safe, clean stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My girlfriend and I were just staying for one night as she had a flight out of the Rochester airport at 5:30am in the morning. The Motel was conveniently close to the airport. Our room was clean and smelled okay when we arrived. The staff was friendly and helpful. I noticed that they offered free HBO and when I turned on the TV, HBO did not come in. I went to the front desk and asked the manager which channel was HBO? He told me it was channel 15. When I returned to my room and turned the TV to channel to 15, HBO still did not come in. But just a couple minutes later the manager called our room to tell me that HBO was on. I turned to channel 15 and sure enough HBO was on! The TV was new also, a nice flat screen. The furniture and carpet seemed nice enough, the bathroom was serviceable and the bed was comfortable and allowed us to get a good amount of sleep. The Towpath Motel was perfect for our purposes: clean, quiet, close to the airport and a very good price. I would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor in a non-smoking room. It was quiet and smelled fine
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
towpathmotel, Owner at Towpath Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

The Towpath Motel was everything we needed: shower, beds, and wifi. It was relatively inexpensive, the place was clean, the managers on duty were both strange and hilarious, and the one night we stayed there went just fine. On the other hand, we were stuck in a smoking room which smelt terrible, the shower inadvertently filled up the bathtub giving us a foot bath at the same time, and the continental breakfast was just bananas. If I had to go back to Rochester again, I might consider the Towpath. Maybe. However, if you have stayed there before and you let them know in advance that you are returning, they will apparently give you a bit of a discount. I guess it all really depends on how nice of a place you want while in Rochester.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends