“nice little gem”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This is a nice hidden gem for family dining - our GPS led us through an industrial park so we were a bit skeptical driving up, but it appears to be in a converted art-deco dance hall. Great prime-rib meal, if somewhat slow to be served, but way better food than any chain.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

When we pulled into the parking lot of Rick's Prime Rib House my expectations were immediately lowered - it looks like an old industrial building from the outside, and a bit of a dilapidated one at that. However, inside the restaurant itself has a unique, throwback feel to it that ultimately works for the atmosphere they're trying to create.

We started with the fried calamari, which was a little on the small portion size and came with a "spicy" sauce that lacked any real flavor. I opted for the 18 oz prime rib, which was cooked as ordered and had just the right amount of marbling. While it wasn't the best I've ever had (and at $25 it wasn't the cheapest either), but overall it was a decent cut of beef. My wife ordered the lobster tail, which also fell into the good but not great category (and at $20 also a bit pricey for the portion size). We ended with a piece of cannoli cake that was quite tasty and big enough to share.

Even with a coupon this was a $75 dinner for the two of us with tax and tip (one glass of wine, one shared appetizer, two entrees and a split dessert). The overall feel was that this restaurant fell somewhere between casual and nice, and was priced as such. Probably won't rush to go back anytime soon, as I'd rather pay less money for more food in a more casual atmosphere (ala Texas Roadhouse) or more money for better food in a more upscale restaurant (ala Char or Max's).

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Attended a wedding reception there for about 125 people. The place looked great, seating was comfortable, bar prices resonable, and delicious food!!!! It was in their upstairs party room, and it was an excellent experience.

2  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Nothing here is fresh except the prime rib, my wife and I, along with a few friends went and we ordered a wide variety of food as well as appetizers and dessert. The only good things we recieved were the prime rib and the cheesecake. Everything else (along with the veggies, potatoes and salads) were gross. The salad was brown and all iceberg, the broccoli was cold and crispy on the top and the potatoes were brown inside. The crab legs were tiny portions apparently a 1/2 lb... No way! We have been there before and it was never this bad but I've never had a worse meal and it was horrible for everyone at our table. The only good part was our server, she was wonderful and very aplogetic. She tried to make it right but there wasn't much she could do. There was no owner or manager to speak with around.

2  Thank Tojones1987
Reviewed 14 July 2013

For $80 I feel like I should have loved my food and my experience. Hate to say it, but I feel like it was money down the drain. I hate when I spend money and feel like it was wasted. First of all, it took my server three tries to get my little girls drink correct. First try, the apple juice was fermented. Yeah, it was cloudy, you'd think whomever poured the juice would notice. Second try, we asked for lemonade since my six year old does not drink soda, she brought back ginger ale. I know I explained that she didn't drink soda, so not sure how there was a mistake. Finally third time was a charm. This particular night they didn't have any baked potatoes for they weren't delivered. Really!? Okay! Thus, I had to order mashed, no gravy. Go ahead, guess what came out? Mashed with gravy. Not pleased at all. Oh yeah, there was a wedding reception going on and in the middle of our dinner you could hear the music blaring. Ummm...If I'm at a reastaurant i want to be able to hear my spouse. Before we left, we told our server that it was not a pleasant experience since there were too many mistakes and she apologized, but in all honesty, we won't be back! Sorry!!!

1  Thank AviMom2006