“intimate and fun”

Chocolate and Vines
Ranked #14 of 34 Dessert in Rochester
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A dessert and wine bar specializing in pairing artisan wines and craft beer. Set in a 1907 Victorian home.
Rochester, New York
“intimate and fun”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We went here to share some desserts and conversation. I would love to see this place survive and thrive among the sea of chain places. Treat yourself and check it out.

Visited February 2013

Rochester, NY
“cute place, poor service”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My bookclub and I held a meet here last week. I ordered the key lime cheesecake and had 2 glasses of a nice riesling. The cheesecake was good,not excellent, and the wine selection was very good but, I thought, pricey. Once served, we were never checked on except by the water waiter who kept our glasses full at all times. I flagged someone down for a second glass of wine and we had to ask for the check-almost thought I was in France! Perhaps they didn't want to rush us as we were talking about the book, but they should have checked in to ask if we needed anything else. Finally, we had to approach the counter to pay. Also, as it was Thursday, the advertisement online was $1 off per drink. (When I viewed my receipt later, I did not receive the discount.) As a side note, died in the wool suburbanites like myself will be displeased to know that there is no parking, but that is part of going out in the city :-)

• Visited February 2013
Syracuse, New York
“A Great Way To Start The Night”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

The wife and I headed on over to Chocolate and Vines as the prequel for our dinner date.

I was expecting the place to be a Wine Bar -- and it isn't. So when I walked in I was a bit confused, but thankfully the servers were alert and kind enough to explain the set up which put us at ease and made us feel right at home.

It is a sit down place, where you go . . . as the name would imply chocolate and wine, or in our case, Chocolate and Cheese.

I love it that they had a solid selection of NY State wines.

Anyway, if you're looking for an added touch to start your evening, try this place. You'll be in and out in about an hour, it is priced fairly, and the selection of drinks and other drinks will not disappoint.

It earns the 5-cirlce Tripadvisor rating in my opinion!

• Visited January 2013
upstate NY
“Unique and wonderful!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I made our first visit to Chocolate and Vines for a Saturday "lunch." We had an assortment of cheeses, vegetable pate', and the best baguette bread I have ever tasted. I am not in the habit of having dessert with lunch but I think it borders on being a crime to neglect dessert here. There is an amazing variety of "wonderfulness". I sampled different wines than I usually order and my husband enjoyed some varieties of beer that he hadn't had before. It was an unusual and perfect Saturday afternoon.
I returned soon after for a girls' outing with some friends who had never been there. I arranged it as a special surprise for them and it couldn't have been better. It makes a memorable gift!
The atmosphere in a lovely remodeled home is charming and inviting, classy with just enough quirkiness to be comfortable and inviting. The owners are knowledgable and personable and make customers feel like their guests. I don't know how we missed this place for the two years it has been there but we look forward to going back and introducing others to it.

• Visited December 2012
Rochester, New York
“A unique venue for a tasty dessert or wine and cheese”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Chocolate and Vines specializes in desserts, high end chocolate candies, cheeses and wine. It is located in a converted house. I believe reservations are necessary, though when we visited there were several open tables. There is an extensive wine list, and a nice variety (though not very extensive) of desserts. The chocolates are $1.75 each, if memory serves, but worth a taste. There are also sorbets and other frozen treats, and a nice selection of cheeses from which you can create your own cheese plate. Desserts ranged from about $4 to $8. Cheeses were $4 per two ounce piece, again, if memory serves. The atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable, though there were some who were more dressed than we were. We each enjoyed our desserts, ranging from hazelnut cake to chocolat mousse. A nice place to visit with friends or on a date - not really the right place to bring the kids.

Visited December 2012