“Good stay, accurate reviews”

Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Toronto, Canada
“Good stay, accurate reviews”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We chose this place after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We had this one and Staybridge suites in mind. This one turned out exactly as expected. Clean spacious suite with VERY comfortable beds. Wow. Many rooms face the parking lot but we were there for one night, so it didn't matter too much. The pool area is a little run down looking but the fitness facility is surprisingly well-outfitted with good equipment. The breakfast was self-serve and plentiful but the hot food selection was not very tasty. They always have a meat potato and egg but the meat was pretty sad. There was a waffle maker that was popular but when the waffle mixture comes from a dispenser, I didn't try it. The ladies that were in charge of the area were wonderful and went out of their way to accommodate if you wanted something. Our first impression was not great as the front desk girl on evenings on August 2nd was quite surly. Grumpy and if she said more than 5 words I would be surprised. Happily everyone else we encountered was very friendly. We would certainly stay here again if we ever needed to go back to Rochester.

Room Tip: If you need lots of space, the "accessible" rooms are a corner suite and are bigger. We j...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your suite and the fitness center. I would like apologize for the hot food in the breakfast and your service at check-in. I can assure you that we will correct these issues. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

5 Star rating for sure. My son and his wife with my grandchild (2 yrs. old) came into Rochester from Switzerland to celebrate his sister's marriage. Well, they could not say enough about all the services provided. I had gone in weeks before to see the accommodations and was quite impressed--where else can you stay and have, at no extra fee, an evening meal provided with beer and wine?
A day after arrival, my son decided they liked the layout better in a different suite--no questions asked. They moved just around the corner to a suite better suited for them. Best thing of all---my Greek daughter-in-law was able to make homemade soup for her son right in her "own kitchen". Laundry facilities another big hit...they loved it all. Definitely would stay again!

Room Tip: Indicate if you want a suite in an open room or living room and sleeping area separate.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here after visiting family in the area. We have a large family and needed two rooms. We were disappointed to find that we did not have the adjoining rooms we had requested - but the lovely gal on the desk fixed it right up and even saved us some money in the process. The rooms were clean, quiet and looked to have been recently updated. The bathrooms were very basic and did not have tubs - which was a drawback with our little kids. I wish hotels would provide some nicer soaps and shampoos - the stuff from China makes me leery - and there is nicer stuff out there. Little touches like nice soap make a big difference. I used the laundry while we there and it was great - clean and the machines all worked well. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alisonm366
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked a reservation over the phone and the girl that answered wasn't very friendly. I asked for a manager and she insisted that she could help me. When I first called she gave me one rate and when I called back a half hour she gave me a different rate on the same room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MightyGoose
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This is the first Homewood Suites I've stayed at in which the bedroom and "living room" area are the same room (much like a normal hotel room). This was not evident on the website, and I booked at the Homewood specifically to have a suite. The bed was very nice, everything else was OK (not spectacular). Overall, a bummer.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

3 Thank Michael R
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Homewood Suites in Greece, NY during a holiday visit to Lake Ontario.
We love this place! So much so, that we had to extend. Large suite with all the comforts of home. Free breakfast and afternoon snacks. Impeccably clean and a friendly staff. Don't think twice about staying here.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Brookville, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Homewood Suites in Greece was excellent. Everything was clean, everything worked, room was very quiet. I sometimes have trouble sleeping in hotels, not here. I slept very well with a very comfortable bed and quiet room. I like that you can set the AC/heater to run the fan constantly. I will definitely be using this hotel on every visit I make to Rochester.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business