“nice and clean”

Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 12 August 2014

great breakfast with good variety of choices. very clean hotel. putting green in the back of hotel was fun for my daughter. beds were comfortable. full kitchen with large fridge was a nice surprise. nice, helpful staff. we stayed here one night on the way to Niagara Falls.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for choosing us on your way to Niagara Falls. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were surprised by our suites having a kichen. I hope that if you're in our area again, we will be able to serve you.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Come here every year with the kids to enjoy area hot spots. Like the split shower/toilet area from the sink so more people can get ready at once. Kids love the double rooms with kitchenette. Nice to be off the beaten path, but not too far. Rooms always clean, staff always friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are happy to see that you chose to stay with us again and that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and our room layout. We hope to see you again in the future and that you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is the second time we stayed at Homewood Suites while visiting Rochester with our 3 young children. It was great the first time and continued to be great this time. The evening meal was very convenient and of good quality. The location was convenient for the Sennica Park Zoo and Museum of Play as well as shopping and groceries. The breakfast was convenient, had good selection, and was tasty. The rooms were large, clean, and in good repair. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We are happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We enjoyed having your family as our guests and hope that if you're in the area again, we will be able to serve you.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We chose this place after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We had this one and Staybridge suites in mind. This one turned out exactly as expected. Clean spacious suite with VERY comfortable beds. Wow. Many rooms face the parking lot but we were there for one night, so it didn't matter too much. The pool area is a little run down looking but the fitness facility is surprisingly well-outfitted with good equipment. The breakfast was self-serve and plentiful but the hot food selection was not very tasty. They always have a meat potato and egg but the meat was pretty sad. There was a waffle maker that was popular but when the waffle mixture comes from a dispenser, I didn't try it. The ladies that were in charge of the area were wonderful and went out of their way to accommodate if you wanted something. Our first impression was not great as the front desk girl on evenings on August 2nd was quite surly. Grumpy and if she said more than 5 words I would be surprised. Happily everyone else we encountered was very friendly. We would certainly stay here again if we ever needed to go back to Rochester.

Room Tip: If you need lots of space, the "accessible" rooms are a corner suite and are bigger. We j...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your suite and the fitness center. I would like apologize for the hot food in the breakfast and your service at check-in. I can assure you that we will correct these issues. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

5 Star rating for sure. My son and his wife with my grandchild (2 yrs. old) came into Rochester from Switzerland to celebrate his sister's marriage. Well, they could not say enough about all the services provided. I had gone in weeks before to see the accommodations and was quite impressed--where else can you stay and have, at no extra fee, an evening meal provided with beer and wine?
A day after arrival, my son decided they liked the layout better in a different suite--no questions asked. They moved just around the corner to a suite better suited for them. Best thing of all---my Greek daughter-in-law was able to make homemade soup for her son right in her "own kitchen". Laundry facilities another big hit...they loved it all. Definitely would stay again!

Room Tip: Indicate if you want a suite in an open room or living room and sleeping area separate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here after visiting family in the area. We have a large family and needed two rooms. We were disappointed to find that we did not have the adjoining rooms we had requested - but the lovely gal on the desk fixed it right up and even saved us some money in the process. The rooms were clean, quiet and looked to have been recently updated. The bathrooms were very basic and did not have tubs - which was a drawback with our little kids. I wish hotels would provide some nicer soaps and shampoos - the stuff from China makes me leery - and there is nicer stuff out there. Little touches like nice soap make a big difference. I used the laundry while we there and it was great - clean and the machines all worked well. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alisonm366
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked a reservation over the phone and the girl that answered wasn't very friendly. I asked for a manager and she insisted that she could help me. When I first called she gave me one rate and when I called back a half hour she gave me a different rate on the same room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business