“Great place for a birthday party”
Review of Seneca Park Zoo

Seneca Park Zoo
Ranked #8 of 145 things to do in Rochester
More attraction details
Owner description: Seneca Park Zoo inspires our community to connect, care for, and conserve wildlife and wild places.
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My daughter loves going to the zoo here, so we thought it would be a nice idea to have a party here as opposed to the standard "bounce house" parties which everyone seems to be opting for.

The party was well organized, the kids got to meet some animals and learn about them, and everyone gets free access to the zoo.

As for the zoo itself, I am not a big zoo goer but its pretty nice, the facility was clean and well laid out and the staff was helpful. Easy to get in and out of and in a nice part of the area, close to Charlotte if you want to get up to the water.

There are newer reviews for Seneca Park Zoo

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This a small zoo which has recently expanded. The main attraction is the lion cubs and you can get close enough to get some nice pictures in an attractive outdoor exhibit. The rest of the zoo is well kept and easy to get around in. The food at the zoo is quite acceptable. I would arrive early in the day in order to secure your parking space. Also, the animals are more active early. Overall, while not a large zoo, it is easy to navigate with enough up close animal viewings to provide a very enjoyable couple of hours.

1  Thank Beverly K
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a nice family zoo that is not overwhelming for children or whoever they choose to accompany them there.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife wanted to see the lion cubs. We were a few months to late. We saw them, but they got big, even though only seven month old.

New attractions are nice, but zoo is small

volunteers who provide information are great

1  Thank Larry F
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We are lucky to have a Zoo in Rochester, however this one is depressing! The animals all look so sad, their cages are very small, and the whole park is outdated and not well up kept. I wish I could say this park was better, but it's not. I wouldn't bother with this one.

3  Thank Em R